Renthal Street Fighter bars

Fuzzb8

After having my bike for 14 months I finally manned up and got some bars, not exactly an origianl idea as I've seen many of yous have done this already. Thanks to you who have because It was a fantastic mod and I love these bars! I was told that this could be done with out modding any lines or throttle tubes, to which I had mixed results. It took me some time to get the brake lever and line arranged in a way that didn't interfere with anything and didn't stretch the line, I had to disconnect the brake line splitter below the headlight and bring it up slightly to make the line long enough. Also the throttle tubes stretch out when the handle bars are at full lock left, which is not a huge deal as one cannot turn the bars that far while riding anyway. But, the throttle will stick when turned that far. I was hoping I could push the bars a bit further forward away from my body to get a better lean on but again the brake line wouldn't cooperate, I should also mention that I have the Yamaha fly screen installed and some of my woes were due to that being in the way. I still have to get a pair of bar ends though, as we know the factory ones are threaded and these bars have a hollow end no biggie for me. These bars seem a bit thicker on the inside and on my ride to work this morning I did notice less vibration even with no bar ends installed. All in all quite happy with this. Next to come is to get my newly acquired Race Tech springs installed in the R1 shock I've had sitting in the garage and get the springs in my stock front forks! Can't wait for that, unfortunately end of summer and no more track days!!! :(

Last edited:

MotoZen

I'm pretty sure that you can scooch everything in towards the center slightly and mount your bar end mirrors directly on the bars. I haven't done this, yet, so don't quote me on that.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Fuzzb8

Oh no I'm not using bar end mirrors, I have the Tomok style ones that screw into where the stock ones are located. I was just referring to the actual bar end caps / sliders.

MotoZen

Oh no I'm not using bar end mirrors, I have the Tomok style ones that screw into where the stock ones are located. I was just referring to the actual bar end caps / sliders.

My bad. Love those bars though. I might have to upgrade mine soon.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

decooney

Looks nice. Good choice. I have the LSL Fat Bars on my bike now, and I think the Renthal Street Fighter Bar is a great option. Even with the 1-1/8th fat bars, I still get a little vibration, and I'm starting to think that crossbar on the Renthal Streetfighter bars is there for a reason - to help reduce flex which also helps to achieve less vibration.

Marthy

You can drill and tap the ends to use your oem bar end if you want. That's what I did on my ride. Let me double check tomorrow at work, the tap set and drill are in my toolbox. I bought the drill at Lowes and the tap set on fleebay for $10.00

Fuzzb8

Drill and tap the ends? They are hollow already, it just looks like a larger diameter inside. Or did you mean make that larger and yank the factory bar end inserts from the old bars?

Marthy

Drill and tap the ends? They are hollow already, it just looks like a larger diameter inside. Or did you mean make that larger and yank the factory bar end inserts from the old bars?

Yes. The hole inside the bar is just a little bit too small for the tap. I completely forgot about this post... on top of my head the drill is 9/16" and the tap is M16 x 1.5 But let me comfirm that tomorrow.

EDIT: This is correct. Right drill & tap size.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Great looking bike! Searched around but couldn't find it, but how is the riding position like in comparison to the the stock bars?

Fuzzb8

As I said I wish I could have rolled the bars forward a bit more to stretch out a bit but things were in the way. They are slightly more forward than the stock bars but I still have an upright riding position and although they aren't too much wider I can for sure feel the difference in how far my hands are apart. With the extra leverage it feels easier to lean the bike around.

Dicko

When I switched to Rizoma bars I tapped the inside of the bars and cut down a 14mm bolt and drilled and tapped the inside of that to screw my bar ends into.