Removing stock license plate fender...

VDCOFF

I can't for the life of me figure out where the wires go to for the stock turn signals and license plate light. I bought a yoshimura fender eliminator kit and went to install it and got stumped when the directions say to disconnect the wiring for the turn signals, brake light and license plate light.

What stumps me is I don't understand why you would have to disconnect the brake light wire, it shouldn't have anything to do with the turn signals and license plate light.

I also can't figure out where to disconnect these wires from...I really don't want to take this to the dealer to install but it looks like I might have to because I'm not a big wiring person, me and wires don't mix haha.

Any help will be appreciated.

slowkey

The connectors for the license plate and turn signals are under the back seat tucked along the edges. Wiggle them when you've loosened the unit and you'll figure out which is which.

07cobaltLScoupe

i didn't undo my brake light connector when i put my Evotech one on, but you'll find the license plate connector under the main rider seat and there's enough there to pull it from the passenger seat opening, that is 2 single connectors. the turn signal connectors run down each side and are bigger connectors under the passenger seat. if you really get stumped let me know and i'll help you out, here you can add me on FB
http://www.facebook.com/andrewWfrank

VDCOFF

Can this install be done without removing the rear tail section? I see some people remove the entire rear tail section

FastZ8

Can this install be done without removing the rear tail section? I see some people remove the entire rear tail section

No need to remove the tail...just the passenger seat and no need to remove taillight wires or anything else for that matter...however I did take my front seat off to get to the tag light wire connectors but other than that its pretty simple...left signal wire is on the left side and right signal wire is on the right side along with the tag light wires and the connections are color coded so they are fool proof.

VDCOFF

So I have installed it successfully, it was really easy and feel like an idiot creating this post haha, my bad, thanks to everyone that helped!....pictures to follow

Last edited:

tri dude

I love the Yoshi Fender Eliminator. Total quality product - only downside for me is that the Alberta plates are to big to fit in the surround and o don't want to cut it it fit!!!!! Still awesome tho

F3NIX

Now u just need to get rid of the rear turn signals. I installed 3 leds per side and mounted them In My tail and it looks way better.. 6 leds and 2 270ohm resistors and wholla...no more ugly turns ;)

Sent from my phone