Remove the Fairing Fazer8 (FZ8S)

newfieboy

Hey Folks,

Has anyone here with a Fazer8 removed there fairing - in favor of the "naked" look. Up here in Canada I got a crazy good deal on a brand new Fazer8, and I've been loving it since the day I got it. BUT - I'm thinking next spring I might try and take the fairing off and go fully naked. But before I start ripping the Fairing off I want to know if anyone has already done it, and if there might be any issues I'd run into.

I'm guessing that I'd have to try and find the headlight assembly for a FZ8 (Naked) to replace the one that comes off the Fazer8. Anywho, what does everyone think? Is it even worth it?

NewF

Harrywz

Hey Folks,

Has anyone here with a Fazer8 removed there fairing - in favor of the "naked" look. Up here in Canada I got a crazy good deal on a brand new Fazer8, and I've been loving it since the day I got it. BUT - I'm thinking next spring I might try and take the fairing off and go fully naked. But before I start ripping the Fairing off I want to know if anyone has already done it, and if there might be any issues I'd run into.

I'm guessing that I'd have to try and find the headlight assembly for a FZ8 (Naked) to replace the one that comes off the Fazer8. Anywho, what does everyone think? Is it even worth it?

NewF

Just looked at the parts blowups of both and not worth converting from one to another. You can remove the cowling, get a streetfighter headlight but won't be the same "transformer" look from the front. If you were to buy all the parts to do proper will probably end up being $1500 to $2000 in parts. Yamaha does not give away parts. I have the blue version of the Fazer and actually like the looks and it does help with wind at high speeds. Take a look at the picture of my bike and the mods I have done to it, looks half decent.

newfieboy

Thanks for the info bud - I do like the look of yours. Just like you - mine was a demo model that the dealer had put on just over 500km on. Here in NB they do "Dealer Days" where you can go view and test the bike you want. This is one from that bunch. Overall have been very happy with the bike and all its bikey goodness. :)

I see that your from Ottawa. I'm planning to make a bike trip up that way the first week of August. Got a ton of Friends in the area. Maybe we get some of the Ontario folks from the FZ8/Fazer8 group together for a ride of what is of course the best bike on the road. :)

Anyway - thanks again.

NewF

Harrywz

Thanks for the info bud - I do like the look of yours. Just like you - mine was a demo model that the dealer had put on just over 500km on. Here in NB they do "Dealer Days" where you can go view and test the bike you want. This is one from that bunch. Overall have been very happy with the bike and all its bikey goodness. :)

I see that your from Ottawa. I'm planning to make a bike trip up that way the first week of August. Got a ton of Friends in the area. Maybe we get some of the Ontario folks from the FZ8/Fazer8 group together for a ride of what is of course the best bike on the road. :)

Anyway - thanks again.

NewF

Well theres a few nice roads up this way. Last Sunday we rode up to Mt Tremblant, ended up putting close to 500k that day. I see that you are from NB. Its a nicer ride thru Maine, Vermont and New Yorks states. If you are coming via the trans Canada, gets boring from Rivier Du Loupe, flat 4 lanes from there to Ottawa. There are side roads along the way but roads can be quite rough thru there.

Fazerboy66

Newfie boy, how did you get on with the conversion. I'm looking at doing the some with mine. Any tips you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Fazerboy66

Gem rod

Hey Folks,

NewF

Always check with local laws before going fully naked. Most don't mind, but some of the more conservative folk are likely to object.