Regulation of CO value

FZ8-Power

Hello from europe. I find this video on the internet about change the value of the CO2 in the 4 cylinder. Is this true? I don't find anything in this forum about this mod. I am thinking in buy one juice box or power commander, all ready have akrapovic slip on, want to remove the dead zone 4000-6000rpm.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P17a7e0t11o]regler le CO ou richesse sur une yamaha FZ8 ou fz1 fz6 ( et modele pour R6 R1 gsxr cbr zx6r rr) - YouTube[/ame]

FZ8-Power

I all ready done in my, but will test today if I can see any change in the bike.
So, what we is doing is adding fuel (CO). I read in Italian forum and other is this control the 4 injectors of the bike, C:01/C:02/C:03/C:04. From factory it comes this the value of 0 and you can have a rich combustion going up in this number.

Just slip on they say to put at 6 all the injectors.

Off course this is far from one power commander or juice box because you are adding fuel over all band of rpm and can't control anything else.

FZ8-Power

First test. Don't see any differences, the 4k-6k rpm have the same lag for me...
If any one test, please let me know, what thinks about this.

decooney

Caution - guessing may lead to damage

I was wondering IF and WHEN this would show up on the FZ8 Forum. Caution. This involves adding/removing more EFI fuel injector pressure.

When I saw this video the first time, I did some homework on it and found some procedures for it for other Yamaha bikes. The process works in the same type manner for FZ1s, FJs and other bikes in the same build timeframe. The problem with doing this is you are guessing (without dyno testing) and need to be sure you repeat it for all four cylinders. The values span something like -123 to +126. This value can and should be be set on an individual cylinder basis; 1-4 on the right side. Be careful to only set just one cylinder, there are three more to go. On the other bikes like FJs, you have to cut some wires in the harness and ground one to make it work effectively. If you bring your bike to the dealer and these are off, they will likely see it, question it, and/or reset it not knowing.

I would not make these changes unless I had a dyno with AFR/EGT sensors to measure changes immediately. The range can vary on different bikes.

By the time I figured out what this EFI scale change does or does not do in diagnostic mode, my conclusion was to go ahead and buy a Power Commander since it adjusts other elements than just the EFI control changes through the dashboard.

RD GUY

regulation of CO value

did this on my wr250x,had to ground wire to battery,wire was found in lean angle sensor (tipover sensor) simply removed wire from plug added some length and attached to battery ground,when in co mode adjusted made a decent improvement also you can ride in mode and adj while riding plus it turns on a tach with no speedo or kms added

socal

i have 2 theories 1) each number is each cylinder, 2) e1 is <25% throttle @<3k
e2 is <25% throttle @ >3k, e3 is 25% to 90% and e4 is for 90%+
im talking about the fuel adjustments in those ranges. like e1 would be the area in the power commander map that is to be left alone.
just throwing ideas

FZ8-Power

i have 2 theories 1) each number is each cylinder, 2) e1 is <25% throttle @<3k
e2 is <25% throttle @ >3k, e3 is 25% to 90% and e4 is for 90%+
im talking about the fuel adjustments in those ranges. like e1 would be the area in the power commander map that is to be left alone.
just throwing ideas

They say is the first option. Each number is for each cylinder, or better, each injector.

Test it at +10 and AIS blocking. The bike looks different, better.

Ignacio-Arg

I think you can't compare this with a Power commander. this is just a little modification in the case you have a new exhaust and air filter. Any other experience on this issue?