Rear wheel caliper position

tigui615

Hey guys,

I recently changed my rear tire, and since then, my caliper seems to be in contact with the rear rotor. I've noticed that there was no spacer between the core of the wheel and the caliper bracket that fixes itself on the axle bolt. Before it make my case worst, i want to ask you if there is a spacer in there or my axle bolt is too tight. I've already loosen it a bit, made it better but still get in contact with the rotor.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 74

Blackfin

Wheel spacer missing !!!one each side
Stop using the bike your gonna kill yourself

+1 This is one of the scariest things I've yet seen. OP:

1) Stop riding.
2) Get the back wheel off the bike and inspect everything. The brake rotor bolts have been lathed by the caliper or the support; those bolts are hard as hell so how much damage was done to the caliper/support? You need to check everything; your life could well depend on this.
3) If the collar/spacer is truly missing you need to get a new one. Go to your Yamaha dealer and ask for p/n 90387-28014-00. I would also get 5x new brake rotor bolts (90111-08057-00) to replace the messed up ones you have now.

Nemo

ouah ... scary !!! .. noticed my bike was doing a weird sound when i brake with the rear wheel ... .. ill take a look at mine in case .... ca fait peur !LOL

Fazerboy66

**** a duck! did you do this job yourself? I'm amazed you didn't realise there were two spacers missing! And if some one else did this for you them you really need to have a word with them.
This is why the handbook is riddled with the phrases if you don't know what you doing take it to your Yamaha dealer.
Hope you got it sorted out.

Fazer 8

BTW, it is essentially not possible to overtighten the axle nut if all the spacers are in there. I mean, sure you you go so crazy in tightening that you strip or damage things, but the factory torque spec for that fastener, IIRC, is something like 100 ft-lbs, which is very tight.

I second what someone else said - if you did this yourself, how did you not notice that you had a fairly large spacer left over when you were done? Or did you buy the bike with it like this, or get it back from a dealer?

FWIW, when doing this sort of job I now always take pictures while disassembling, and also I stack all the parts in order on a piece of newspaper beside my bike as I remove them, and for things like spacers, nuts, etc, I put them all with their "inner" surfaces (side that faces towards the wheel) facing up.