Rear suspension, rear arm relay bent

RoadKill

It is bent and about to snap. I noticed a squeak the other day and after i got back it today from a long ride it was a lot worse. I thought maybe the shock bushing was sqeaking so i took a look. and i noticed 2 cracks in the metal.

i had noticed the bends before but thought it was just made that way. Until i looked up the replacement relays and they were straight.

also the arm has been cut into by the relays.

Last edited:

cambo

Avid Rider
It is bent and about to snap. I noticed a squeak the other day and after i got back it today from a long ride it was a lot worse. I thought maybe the shock bushing was sqeaking so i took a look. and i noticed 2 cracks in the metal.

i had noticed the bends before but thought it was just made that way. Until i looked up the replacement relays and they were straight.

also the arm has been cut into by the relays.

holy geesus dude, how in the hell did that happen? do you take your bike off 50 foot drops? lol...glad they didn't snap on the road man...

JSP

Administrator
Seriously... How does that happen? You buy that new? Warranty? Buy used? Previous accident not disclosed to you???

e11charlie

Might I suggest having a weight limit on the tire biters your picking up. Joking. I wonder if this would turn into a recall? Once is a freak accident. Twice something's fishy.

97audia4

I just went and looked at mine and thr relays aren't bent but the arm and pivot point has some scrapes on them were the relays have rubbed the arm.

charris247

Road Kill, aren't you the one who on here who crashed your bike at bear mountain? I am assuming this is not a Yamaha manufacturing fault but a result of the accident.

Thoughts?

RoadKill

yes that was me. but that wreck in no way effected the rear. i just bent my front fork 1/4 of an inch. i came to a stop then i flipped pver the handlebars.
the bike just layed on it's side after that.

Also i had notice this bend long before that wreck but assumed the bend was how it was made. at that point there were no cracks so i never questioned how they should look.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Dude I check my linkage everytime I'm in the garage now wtf... Glad you're Ok after all of your troubles so far. Are you gonna install it yourself?

No mames wuey

RoadKill

no i am going to have the stealership do it. i am not sure how to disconnect a shock and it might be covered under warranty.

do you need a special jack to lift from the bottom so there is no weight on the swingarm?