Rear Seat Storage Compartment stuck half way shut

Mr. Man

I'll try and make this quick. So I just recently reregistered my bike. Got my new reg. papers in the mail a few days ago so today I went to go put on my new plate sticker and switch out the papers before I rode off. I got the rear seat storage compartment open just fine but when I tried to put it back on I guess both metal "hooks" weren't lined up when I pushed back down. Only the right side went down and "locked". The left side can be lifted and doesn't sit flush. I tried back, to the right and left and pushing forward. The damn thing isn't budging!! :( After I got home from my ride it still hadn't moved. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas? Any way to get it "un-stuck" internally by taking the seat or rear fender portion off and doing something?

Thanks,

Nick

Mr. Man

Thanks for the reply but that's the first thing I tried. I'm pretty sure the locking mechanism is on the left side (I may be wrong) which isn't even down all the way. Not sure what else to do.

pae58

Unmount the left cover under driver seat. Near the lock you'll find the lock cable. Try to release the seat by pulling the cable.

Axel