Rear brake problems!!!!

Davor_

Ok guys I have a problem with my bike.
I got it new 2 months ago and it has 1600miles.
My rear brake is making a weird noise when The bike is stopped with my rear brake engaged (if I try to move the bike front or back)
Here is the sound and me trying to explain what is causing it.
Did anyone ever had anything like this happen or know what's going on.
Rear brake problems - YouTube

Explanation
Rear brake - YouTube

Rossy

Hi mate
The rear caliper moves as you said on my bike as well (floating caliper i think it is called) so nothhig to worry about there, are you pressing the brake pedal hard as it seem the bike is creeping on half pressed disk.? have you had the rear wheel off at all?

D

Deleted member 3631

Need to wash ya bike there bud... maybe got some dirt in it haha. :D

eru000

First thing to try is to get some brake cleaner (available in a spray can at your local autozone equivalent) on there. Rotate the wheel, and spray it right on the disk before it slides into the pads (so it gets the disk and pads wet with the cleaner). Use it very liberally. It evaporates quick.

eru000

don't use the rear brake ,, problem fixed

Ha, I have the same problem, but with the front brake. It works fine until I get down to about 5mph (basically the last 5-10 feet of coming to a stop) at which point there's a mild grabbing. Not dangerous, but it prevents me from coming to a smooth stop. So I've gotten in the habit of transitioning to the rear brake at the end of the stop... Works fine for me.

Davor_

I use both brakes all the time, just got into a habit I guess.
And I'll try the brake cleaned. :!

cmurder

Pillion
also you can try and take out pads , use some steel wool or sandpaper lightly resurface the pads ,, might have some dirt embedded in the pad compound ..

reALIGNed

Ok guys I have a problem with my bike.
I got it new 2 months ago and it has 1600miles.
My rear brake is making a weird noise when The bike is stopped with my rear brake engaged (if I try to move the bike front or back)
Here is the sound and me trying to explain what is causing it.
Did anyone ever had anything like this happen or know what's going on.
Rear brake problems - YouTube

Explanation
Rear brake - YouTube

With the bike this new, take it back to the dealership and have them look at it. Warranty should cover this and who knows, they might find something cracked and/or defective (or even missing). I have 9k on mine and never had to "clean the brakes". Keep in mind, if you tear into it, you may void its warranty (as far as the brakes are concerned).

F3NIX

I agree take it back to the dealership. Its under warranty if you only have 1600 miles. Dont mess with it yourself you could void the warranty

Davor_

Just got done with the dealer they fixed it.
He adjusted some plate and pin in the brake rotor that's what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabner

as I suspected...

Most braking systems are 'floating'. That doesn't mean that the pads float, it means that one side of the rotor 'floats'. It actual fact, it slides while one side stays stationary. The slides, pins and rubbers were probably dry and dirty.
You can bet that the dealer is thinking "this guy is hard on equipment". Clean your damn bike dude!!!
I remember a high school auto shop teacher saying "cleanliness is horsepower", which isn't completely true, especially in this case, but cleanliness will avoid premature issues.

Last edited:

9 Lives

Most braking systems are 'floating'. That doesn't mean that the pads float, it means that one side of the rotor 'floats'. It actual fact, it slides while one side stays stationary. The slides, pins and rubbers were probably dry and dirty.
You can bet that the dealer is thinking "this guy is hard on equipment". Clean your damn bike dude!!!
I remember a high school auto shop teacher saying "cleanliness is horsepower", which isn't completely true, especially in this case, but cleanliness will avoid premature issues.

You need to go back to auto shop.

reALIGNed

The slides, pins and rubbers were probably dry and dirty.

I don't get what your talking about..........this bike is new with 1600 miles on it. And the pins and sliders are lubed and sealed from dirt and contamination. So I won't bet a dime on what you think the dealer is thinking.