rear axle bolt seized after loosening a little

RoadKill

the rear axle bolt seized after loosening it a little. then when it turned the axle scraped out the "Puller, Chain 2 5VY-25389-01-00" (the flat bracket that is supposed to stop the axle from turning when you loosen the bolt).

it ripped it to shreds. now i can't get the rear wheel off and it is loose.
the bike needs to be hauled in to the stealership and the parts are on order.

as usual, one of the parts is in japan and there is no telling how long it will take to get here.

i tried for several hours with vice grips holding the axle flat parts and an impact wrench.
the vice grips just kept coming off tearing bits of metal when they did.

so i gave up.

97audia4

Do you have any pics? Im terrible with trying to visualize what you mean with words. try some pb blaster from the backside of the nut maybe there is dirt in the threads.

Marthy

Use a drimel and cut the nut in 1/2 and pry it apart with a flat screw driver. The nuts and bolt need to be replace now anyway... use a cutting disc and wack it off. Sucks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

RoadKill

Use a drimel and cut the nut in 1/2 and pry it apart with a flat screw driver. The nuts and bolt need to be replace now anyway... use a cutting disc and wack it off. Sucks...

Thanks Marthy that sounds like it will work. your right the parts are completely gone.

RoadKill

Been there before...

It's done. i have an air grinder and it was done in like 5 minutes. THANK YOU.

I was looking at the threads and there was a ground thread stopping the nut from coming off. I just had my chain put on too from the same stealership i ordered the parts from. I am going to have a talk with the service manager tomorrow.