rattle at 3k

RoMav

Looks like I was wrong about my rattle. Turned out to be the front "windscreen". I just took it off and added a bit of black foam weather stripping around the bits by the headlight. I never ride without a helmet but this was annoying me so bad I took a quick ride around the block sans helmet and identified it immediately.

Wombat

Ah, relieved I am not the only one with the rattly/buzz @ 3k. For me it is the gauges and the wind screen. If touch the speedo during the buzz it goes away. It is pretty darn loud and getting on my nerves now. Where are yall getting the extra foam from, or are you just using stuff from the local auto parts store?

****** edit******
So I took off the wind screen, adjusted it and the foam, an viola the buzz is gone :)

Last edited:

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I'm about a year too late, but I too have (and will be eliminating) the windscreen buzzing around the 3k decel range.

Fizzer8

just a quick message to say i have been having same issue, i removed plastic air box fairing and noise went. Refitted and for now noise gone. will have to keep my ears open for it again. if it develops again i will try fitting some cushioning of some sort inside this fairing.

number plate rattles also so this will be getting some attention paid to it.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
just a quick message to say i have been having same issue, i removed plastic air box fairing and noise went. Refitted and for now noise gone. will have to keep my ears open for it again. if it develops again i will try fitting some cushioning of some sort inside this fairing.

number plate rattles also so this will be getting some attention paid to it.

Shepherd Surface Gard Assorted Light-Duty Self-Adhesive Felts 46 Pack-9425 at The Home Depot

If you guys want a more permanent solution, check out these little felt dots. I put a total of 6 around any place the windscreen touches the headlight housing plastic, and it's joyfully quiet.