Range Rover VS bikers...

FZ8Panda

This has been going viral today and it's certainly bone chilling to watch... It won't shed a good image for bikers unfortunately, especially in NYC. From what I can tell, the biker at the beginning of the vid was in front of the SUV and all a sudden slowed down and got clipped from the rear by the SUV. Things escalated from there. Supposedly the driver was beaten and slashed all the while the guy's wife and child was in the SUV. Crazy...

SEE IT: Pack of motorcyclists chase driver, his wife and child in SUV, attack him in upper Manhattan after fender bender on West Side Highway - NY Daily News

Last edited:

Trooper

My response to this may not be the most popular amongst the biker crowd...but its their own fault. The guy on the bike in front of him breaks hard and the Range Rover bumps him. ...and then gets surrounded buy a crew of testoserone laced bikers ready to kill with his wife and kid on board.

If it were me, I would have been scared for my life...and may have tried to get away myself.

Not an easy situation...

TorontoAlex

Where is the rest of the vid? Obviously something happened earlier for everybody to cut the suv off and hit the brakes. Bunch of animals. Im sure the suv was an ass hole but every one of those bikers chasing him after the initial incident is guilty of assault. If i was in that group i would have stopped the violence and called the cops.

tjfisher

This will not be the most popular comment but the suv would look like a old fighter with a whole bunch of crossed out biker sitckers on the side I love my bikes and riding but NO ONE THREATENS MY WIFE AND KIDS LIFE AND SAFETY

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

FZ8Panda

I have to agree with all of you guys. I don't know what happened before the video started but that does not give an excuse to disregard all rules of the road and to further escalate the situation in a threatening action. Things could have gone a civilized manner as when accidents tend to happen. It is very unfortunate that things turned out the way it did. I hope the cops find the culprits responsible.

[]V[]addog

mob mentality... stupid.. mistake turns in to a scary situation for SUV and family. I feel bad for the dude that got his leg broke. but I think some of them deserve to be beat with their own helmets

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Not being a tuff guy but I'm in a pro-carry state, pistol would have been out after they followed me. I would have ran off too at first, but when they attempted to get in my vehicle with my family......... Fight or flight buddy......

Rotaryknight

From the videos, it looks like everything was going normal for the SUV until that douche in the white bike was riding in between the lane to get infront of the SUV. Rider slowed down for what ever reason and the SUV tapped him from behind.

From here on everything went to crap. I blame the bikers for everything here. The SUV slowed down and stopped and from the video it looks like the mob mentality was started and they started to berate and yell at the driver. It was said that the riders started to smash his car and that is when the SUV sped off. I mean the dude got his wife and kid in the SUV. I would've sped off too, and this may sound cruel but I would also run them over to get away. At the end of the video where they were using their helmets to smash in the windows, I would've reversed the crap out of my SUV. Having no remorse if I hit any other bikers. My family > others

This is what you get with riders thinking they own the road and riding like retards.

DSmith

and this is why i carry.. Even in my anti-gun liberal state.
id rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6, and as soon as you harm my family all bets are off

Shorted

Extremely unfortunate situation. People do crazy shit when it comes to family in danger and bikers reaction obviously did not help. Tough to watch. Be careful out there people.

charris247

I think the guy in the SUV reacted as most people would have. With the wife and 5 month old baby on board he was certainly able to see the bikers were out of their minds. These are the type of bikers that give us all a bad reputation on the road.

I participated in a group ride of over 2000 bikes a few weeks ago and everyone followed the few ground rules like no passing, and stay in you lane. These riders had no consideration for the other traffic and were not even following the most basic elements of group riding.

As you all saw in the video, that one a$$hole cut close in front of the SUV, looked back, and stopped for no apparent reason (he deserved to get clipped). After that it all went to hell and as one of you stated the mob mentality set in. Most of the bikers probably didn't even see what actually happened but decided to jump on the bandwagon of terrorizing an innocent family.

Unfortunately, I probably share the road with some of these a$$holes being from NJ directly across the GWB.

Hopefully all the bikers involved will be found and prosecuted to the fullest.

randyka

These guys are assholes and I would have done the same thing if I was in the range rover with my wife and my 5 month old kid. Here's another video uploaded by the same rider.
FILE0011 - YouTube
It skips to the 60 second mark when these guys pick another fight with a prius. These guys don't follow the traffic laws and deserve to have their license and bikes taken away from them forever.
More story on the matter...
Shocking video of Range Rover crashing through bikers after they surround the vehicle during annual street ride | Mail Online

Last edited:

Trooper

I have to say that I am very impressed with the reactions from the folks on this forum. Seems like a good amount of level headed people here.:tup:

The reason I write this is because I have been following a thread of the exact same video on another forum and the reactions are the exact opposite...

6Den

I have to say that I am very impressed with the reactions from the folks on this forum. Seems like a good amount of level headed people here.:tup:

The reason I write this is because I have been following a thread of the exact same video on another forum and the reactions are the exact opposite...

Totally agree. I'm proud and pleased to see that not all bikers condone that type of behavior, and that we can speak out even against our own.

We don't know what the SUV did to cause the white bike to brake check him, and the only thing he may have done wrong is to bump and run. But once the mob exhibited threatening behavior, all bets are off. The SUV tried to evade but they gave chase, cornered him, and threatened his family. IMO, he was well within his rights to defend himself, even if that meant mowing down a few bikers. Bikers were lucky they didn't end up bringing a knife to a gunfight.

cxa0897

I don't really think there is anyway to see it differently. You have hundreds of bikes swerving through lanes, stunting, etc. How is somebody in a cage supposed to handle that? especially when you get brake checked... These large bike gangs and rides cause such a terrible image for riders

n00b

Avid Rider
sorry, but faced with a situation like this, I would mow down most of the bikes. f*** going in a straight line, there won't be much left of that group by the time my suburban is done. LOL. And if one comes knocking at the window in the end, I'll hand him my bullets one at a time. Then they can kick my ass.

Nstr_FZ8

Im not gonna lie here. I've wished to smash somebodys car windows down with my helmet... For the right reasons though.... :D

ssky0078

I hope the driver and his family are ok. I hope all 15 people that were arrested get at least aggravated assault charges, and all sorts of other stuff like vandalism, inciting a riot, mayhem, and douchebaggery

If I was in the situation with my family in the SUV I would have done the same thing. You all remember what happened to Reginald Denny. He stopped, he could have ran down the whole street in that semi-truck.

What the white bike did was typical for what I've seen on the ROC videos as well. The ring leaders will block traffic and create space so stunters can pull their sh!t. Good thing he had a Range Rover too the way it jumped over that bike in front of him. I wonder if he tried calling the police and just should have kept driving till they showed up.

Rotaryknight

from what I've read, that guy on the white biike was trying to slow down the SUV to create space for these douche bags to do stunts on the highway. Alexian in the SUV doesnt know the guy would do this and taps him on the bike.
These guys apparently do this everytime they ride. If you look at the other videos of the guys youtube channel its full of him and his friends riding through NYC in opposing traffic, riding on sidewalks, and running redlights.
For now the guy made almost all his videos private or deleted them.
Alexian suffured slashes to the face and chest from a knife one of the riders had as he was pulled from the car. There is a picture of him laying in a pool of his own blood.

Im not gonna lie here. I've wished to smash somebodys car windows down with my helmet... For the right reasons though.... :D

He is going to need a new helmet now.

n00b

Avid Rider
Looks like they got one of the guys.

From an article on this:

Lien, who is reportedly the director of the e-commerce firm Skrill.com, was rushed to Columbia University Medical Center, where he received stitches to his face and chest and had two black eyes, the report said. Edwin Mieses, one of the motorcycle riders struck by Lien, may be left a paraplegic, the report said.

“My son just got out of surgery. Now we have to contend with his situation that he will never walk again,” the injured man’s father, Rev. Edwin Mieses posted on Facebook, The Daily News reported.

“This man needs to know he hurt someone,” Edwin Mieses' wife Dayana Mieses told Boston.CBSLocal.com. “That man paralyzed my husband. He needs to pay for what he did.”

----------

cry me a f&%$ing river. Lien doesn't need to pay for jack.