RAM X-Grip. Which one is best?

Darksabre

Hey guys - quick question. I'm looking to put a RAM X-Grip GPS/Phone mount on my FZ8. Thinking the center section of the handlebars (behind the dash) is where Id like to put it.

The two I'm looking at are:

RAM X-Grip® Phone Mounts

RAM EZ-Strap™ Rail Mount
or
RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt

Does anyone have either of those on their bike? I'm just not sure if I'd need the u-bolt and dual-pivoting mount of the second model. Also not sure if the rubber EZ-Strap would hold it in place securely.

D

Deleted member 3631

At my work we sell LOTS of these. Either one will do fine. Me personally use the ubolt

dabner

definitely U bolt

I've got the Ram X grip and swear by it. I'm not familiar with the strap type mount, but also very much like the U bolt mount that I used. I used a small slice of cigarette package to buffer the clamp from the handle bars, just so it didn't mar it.

mundan101

Hey guys - quick question. I'm looking to put a RAM X-Grip GPS/Phone mount on my FZ8. Thinking the center section of the handlebars (behind the dash) is where Id like to put it.

RAM X-Grip® Phone Mounts

RAM EZ-Strap™ Rail Mount
or

Does anyone have either of those on their bike? I'm just not sure if I'd need the u-bolt and dual-pivoting mount of the second model. Also not sure if the rubber EZ-Strap would hold it in place securely.

I got these, they work great on my fz8

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002L9LW00/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: RAM Mounts RAM DBL SOCKET ARM A-LENGTH Body Other Bases BLK- RAM-B-201U-A: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TWRAO/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: RAM Zinc Coated U-Bolt Mounting Base with 1 inch Ball: Electronics[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055PH0XA/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i02?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: RAM Mount Universal X-Grip Cell Phone Holder with 1-Inch Ball: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Darksabre

Awesome! Thanks for all the feedback guys. It looks like you basically built the u-bolt one in 3 separate pieces. I think I'll go with that one.

thanks!

RAM X-Grip® Phone Mounts

RAM EZ-Strap™ Rail Mount
or

I have the Xgrip and Ubolt on my '11 FZ8. Safely tested up to 130 with no issues and a Galaxy S5 with case. Even slightly above the windscreen there's been no issues, the windscreen seems to do a good job of directing airflow high enough. I'll admit i was skeptical at first until i had it in hand and tried it out...solid piece of equipment.

Darksabre

I have the Xgrip and Ubolt on my '11 FZ8. Safely tested up to 130 with no issues and a Galaxy S5 with case. Even slightly above the windscreen there's been no issues, the windscreen seems to do a good job of directing airflow high enough. I'll admit i was skeptical at first until i had it in hand and tried it out...solid piece of equipment.

Hah, good to know. That's exactly what I was going to use it for. I want to use the Galaxy S5 since it is waterproof and cheaper than a dang motorcycle GPS.