Rain Gear

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
I'm looking for something to put in my tank bag so I don't get soaked every time a storm pops up while I'm riding. There are so many sets of rain gear out there, it is difficult to know what's what. Is anyone here carrying rain suits in their bags? What kind do you use? Any advice? The pants are a little more important than the jacket in the winter because I have a good rain-resistant winter jacket. I also have water-proof boots..... but they aren't water-proof at the top unless there are water-proof pants bloused over them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

SpunkyTheTuna

I've been using Frog Togs for years and I'm really happy with them. I got a huge size so they'll fit over all of my jackets (well, not all of them at once, just one at a time). They are as waterproof as anything I've ever used and they're reasonably priced.

C

Camo

I use an RJays one piece. Not sure that'll help you much though, I think they only sell them here in Oz

Guillaume

I've been using Frog Togs for years and I'm really happy with them. I got a huge size so they'll fit over all of my jackets (well, not all of them at once, just one at a time). They are as waterproof as anything I've ever used and they're reasonably priced.

Since you guys have that gear, how small does it fold?
I'd like to find some rain gear/suit that I could fit under the passenger seat (where I already have the tool kit and a tire repair kit). Not sure if I'm asking for the moon but maybe something would fit. I actually fit an extra pair of gloves on the sides inside the rear fender, around the frame.

Wieb27

Since you guys have that gear, how small does it fold?
I'd like to find some rain gear/suit that I could fit under the passenger seat (where I already have the tool kit and a tire repair kit). Not sure if I'm asking for the moon but maybe something would fit. I actually fit an extra pair of gloves on the sides inside the rear fender, around the frame.

Yikes, I'm not thinking this is going to fit under the passenger seat. It folds fairly small but I keep mine in my backpack. You're lucky to get an insurance card in that space back there! :p

Guillaume

Yikes, I'm not thinking this is going to fit under the passenger seat. It folds fairly small but I keep mine in my backpack. You're lucky to get an insurance card in that space back there! :p

Indeed! Yet I was able to fit the tire kit which is slightly bigger than the tool kit. Maybe I can just use a good jacket that's waterproof and only use rain pants that could fit in there... food for thoughts...