Radiator guards

jwhelan65

Just seeing if there is any interest over here, I have been selling these on the FZ1 sister forum . I believe they use the same radiator. PM me for details.

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
I think that is much better looking and appears to protect the radiator better than the OEM Aftermarket cover. But, is it made out of aluminum? Aluminum dispates heat much better than the basic/common alloys.

jwhelan65

I think that is much better looking and appears to protect the radiator better than the OEM Aftermarket cover. But, is it made out of aluminum? Aluminum dispates heat much better than the basic/common alloys.

It is made of 20 gauge galvanized steel, alluminum will crease at this thickness from even small impacts. I have sold over 100 on the FZ1 board with zero issues of overheating, you still maintain 80% airflow when properly installed. The airflow is much more important than the material used unless you are idling in one place for a long period of time, not to mention you have the same cooling fan as the FZ1 for low speeds

Do you have a pic of your stock plastic guard?

xpertsnowcarver

The Sneaky Butcher
Nice. I agree with the reasoning for difference in thickness. Over 100 positive reviews with no mention of overheating sounds good to me. :) What is your price, or do you prefer to strictly keep it by PM? Is there a difference in price for each color?

I have yet to get my FZ8. I currently have it on pre-order. If no one beats me to it, I'd be more than happy to get you a picture.

Edit: Nevermind. Found your threads and website http://www.rad-armor.com/ (Unable to see the website because my work computer does not have the necessary Macromedia extensions to view it. If you can, you should consider putting a link in the corner for a HTML version :)). Good price. This definitely has my interest.

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
i fell in love with the gold colored version until i saw the price. why do accessories have to be SO exaggerated in price? it's stock metal, painted, with rubber trim. i realize you have to make a profit but i feel it's excessive. looks great though!

matt73

Just ordered rad guard from Beowulf in the UK. Will let you know how it goes. Found it on ebay.