R6 handling on my FZ8

razz

Hello all , hope everyone is ok , this long weekend I have the use of a 2013 90 mile old R6 , I have just come back from a quick 80 mile run , now then , the handling of the r6 is light years ahead of my fz8 , now if I could just get my fz to handle better , I won't have to sell it , the rear shock would be a hagon job , but them forks ? What's the easiest and simplistic solution you out there have found , cheers razz

master paper clip

U can either buy a kit from race tech to replace your stock internals on your front forks or u can save some money and buy the front forks from an r1, as for the rear u can get an fz1 shock and it a direct bolt on, or if u wanna u can get an r1 rear shock and buy the adapter and use that, just use the search feature, anything suspension related has more then likely been covered previously

GarryM

Simple solution, if you want your bike to handle like an R6 then buy an R6. I came from an R6 to the FZ8 and the FZ8 is a heavy, fat boat anchor in comparison. No amount of suspension massaging can help with the bloating. Dont get me wrong, I love my FZ8 to death but it's a different breed of bike to an R6.

razz

would love to , but riding all year is what i really love about the fz8 , come rain or shine , snow , hail , muddy fields at meetings , the fz8 is perfect , bloody comfy too , maybe the wife will let me have both :) cos every now and then , the idiot comes out in me and the fz8 then fails miserably . so with even just a little bit more adjustment , i might be able to compromise

master paper clip

would love to , but riding all year is what i really love about the fz8 , come rain or shine , snow , hail , muddy fields at meetings , the fz8 is perfect , bloody comfy too , maybe the wife will let me have both :) cos every now and then , the idiot comes out in me and the fz8 then fails miserably . so with even just a little bit more adjustment , i might be able to compromise

Fz8 is alot more capable then both u realize, in stock form its a good bike, but the 8 shines when u start modding her, knock out all the free power mods, buy a pcv and do the suspension swap and you'll be golden. I ride my friend 2011 zx6r regularly and while its a little bit more fun in the corners the 8 is 10x more fun everywhere else, the power band is a blast once u start toying with her. Ask all the forum members that have done the suspension swap if u want to really know how much a suspension swap changes the 8

razz

and the back end

Nitron NTR Race - Remote-Reservoir Rear Shock Absorber for Yamaha Motorcycles (3-Way Adjustable) Ref: NTRACYAM

Superb value TRACK-DAY and RACE shock

razz

or Nitron NTR Sport - Big-Piston Integral Pressurised Gas-Monotube Rear Shock Absorber for Yamaha Motorcycles