R1 front fork internals

Motogpmad

Would R 1 front fork internals fit into the fz8 standard forks? I have the opportunity to buy just the internals quite cheap. Any help appreciated.

D

DJK1505

I remember reading somewhere the R1 forks are like 5mm shorter, not sure if that would have any affect on just putting the internals in yours.

Down load the R1 manual and go through the suspension section, then go through your FZ8 manual. See if there are different torque settings, difference sequence of events for removal or installation. If everything matches up, and I had the internals just sitting in the garage, you know I would be all about trying to get them in those stock fork tubes.

DJ

Dicko

If you put the R1 internals in you need to buy a spacer cap to go along with it. They are shorter than the FZ1 or FZ8 internals.

Mansack

Somewhat on-topic... do all years of FZ1 fork internals fit our bike? I'm seeing some 2005 FZ1 forks for sale, cheap.

PMD6

Hi

Does anyone have a picture of a 5mm spacer cap? Where do you get them from?

I have the opportunity of getting some r1 internals from a 4xv - are these any good?

Chris

DLSGAP

I can't speak specifically to the fz8, but usually people will make suspension spacers from pvc

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2