Questions on PCV and Jumbo Map - odd starting

04wrxwagon

So I got my PCV installed and added the jumbo map that a member sent me. I'm new to these power commaders... it seemed to upload the map with in a second, which seemed a little odd, but it wasn't a huge file. Also, when I start my bike lately, it seems to struggle some what. Sometimes it'll even pop over and then crank again for a brief second then start. Is this normal? It all started after I did the PCV. I plugged it in right, added the O2 relay that it comes with too. I have on the bike, yoshi slip on, k&n filter and a slight version of the airbox mod. I didn't cut the whole bottom out, but I cut out the snorkle part and maybe half inch extra around that.

Umyaya

So I got my PCV installed and added the jumbo map that a member sent me. I'm new to these power commaders... it seemed to upload the map with in a second, which seemed a little odd, but it wasn't a huge file. Also, when I start my bike lately, it seems to struggle some what. Sometimes it'll even pop over and then crank again for a brief second then start. Is this normal? It all started after I did the PCV. I plugged it in right, added the O2 relay that it comes with too. I have on the bike, yoshi slip on, k&n filter and a slight version of the airbox mod. I didn't cut the whole bottom out, but I cut out the snorkle part and maybe half inch extra around that.

Yeah rough idle sometimes happens.. I heard you gotta change some of the numbers between the first column in the mapping chart. I have an auto tune and I sometimes get a rough idle.. Been too lazy to go through and manually change them... There is a youtube video on how to do it. Just gotta put different numbers in so more fuel is going when it's idling I think or something like that.

Mint

If you have squizz thru this thread it might help...it gets mentioned a couple of pages in.

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/2445-jumbo-map-pcv.html

I had idling issues when I first installed the map....I don't have the O2 Sensor, so I only adjusted the bottom values to 0....I am not sure exactly what I adjusted now..I have a feeling it was only one value..but if I remember it was pretty obvious when I read the thread then looked at it myself... that was almost 2 yrs ago, I have been running this map since then , and bike runs sweet. :)