QUESTION: fz8 retrofit projector vs normal headlight

TheMan_Jesse

Hi, this is my first actual thread here so sorry if it is in the wrong spot.
My question is why does everyone say the projector retrofit is so great and provides way better light output?
Im not denying that it probably does.. But what is wrong with the stock headlight? Is it different from 2011-2012 fo 2013?
I own a 2013 and the light output to me is great! I have wanted to do a PIAA light for the white color, but i think its awesome already. It shines wide and far. Probably 3-4 times the output of my '97 kawasaki vulcan put out.

hybrid10

No doubt the newer bike headlights are better than the older lights. The hid conversation is a huge improvement over the halogen bulbs. The retrofit projector improves the light pattern and cut off pattern making the light more focused. The standard lens with that much light output is known to kinda scatter the light beam(less focused and potentially blinding on coming traffic) That's the basic break down.

HeresMyMind

by installed a projector (bixenon) because it focuses light better, you can use a much brighter bulb (HID) without causing oncoming glare. SO you get wider, brighter, smoother output, and a better highbeam/foreground output

-B

TheMan_Jesse

by installed a projector (bixenon) because it focuses light better, you can use a much brighter bulb (HID) without causing oncoming glare. SO you get wider, brighter, smoother output, and a better highbeam/foreground output

-B

Okay that makes a lot of sense... So im assuming you all have the projector... Is it really worth the money and time to install? Being that there is nothing "wrong" with the stock reflector headlight... I love having an insane amount of light (my truck is a bit overkill to some hahah) but i dont want to buy this expensive projector and risk screwing something up on the light if the reward wont be worth the risk

HeresMyMind

I have a projector that is leaps and bounds above the BK moto setup. i build custom headlights for bikes/cars. I have always had the brighter safest light in all my vehicles. i have bad eyesight at night and it majorly helps.

-B