Question about the headlight Yamaha logo

rail

I may be losing it, but I could swear the Yamaha logo on the FZ8n headlight was lit before. However I fired my bike up today and it was not. I opened the headlight housing and only found a plastic stub and no wiring going to that area. But it does say "12V3W" on the back right above it.

So am I missing something or just going senile?

View attachment 3278

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanS

Commuter
Don't feel bad about the senile thing ~ you're not alone :eek:
I believe the non US bikes came with a light there. Looks like a fairly simple mod if you want to light it up.

Perron

Canadian bike doesn't have it either. Some guys did this mod I think. If the light is as bright as the headlight it looks good

RD GUY

if I'm not mistaken its a passing light ,that's what that blank in the left switch is for, I have seen this on euorpe bikes, I had it on Husky,and Ducati .

jukemike1

rd guy if you look on the fz1 its the spot for the 4 way flashers its a simple switch housing thing you can get on e-bay

reALIGNed

Pic? :p Seen a guy here but his light was blue and I didn't like it :p I wonder how it looks like with a bright led or some bulb that matches the headlight

I'll get a pic of it for you asap, (on the road right now with out the bike). The socket was $3.95 and the bulb I chose is the Sylvania LED 194 series at $9.98, (a standard 194 bulb is like .79 cents). So it can be done for under $5.00, but I really like the LED brightness.

Sylvania LED/Turn Signal Dash Light Bulb (168-194LED) | AutoZone.com

kodoq88

I'll get a pic of it for you asap, (on the road right now with out the bike). The socket was $3.95 and the bulb I chose is the Sylvania LED 194 series at $9.98, (a standard 194 bulb is like .79 cents). So it can be done for under $5.00, but I really like the LED brightness.

Sylvania LED/Turn Signal Dash Light Bulb (168-194LED) | AutoZone.com

is this the same?

194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Wedge Base With Socket | LED Replacement Bulbs for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2