Question about Brit. swearing

D

Deleted member 438

Since I've been on worker's comp, I've had a whole lot of time to watch TV, and I recently got in "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares". I noticed that they can say shit and fuck all day long, but on one episode they bleeped him, so what could be worst than shits and fucks? Holy shit fucks is it a good show.

H

Hoover

Since I've been on worker's comp, I've had a whole lot of time to watch TV, and I recently got in "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares". I noticed that they can say shit and fuck all day long, but on one episode they bleeped him, so what could be worst than shits and fucks? Holy shit fucks is it a good show.

What channel are you watching it on?

There is NO ruling on satelite TV in the UK so it depends which version you get.
A lot of UK shows get sold to multiple networks here and the air time and which network depends on what you hear.

On BBC America, they dont bleep "shit" but they do bleep "cock". Thats because in USA, cock is used as a word for your junk exclusively, but in UK, it is used day to day for another word for Oh bother, or oh crap or oh shit.

I watch Shameless, the UK version, (which is fantastic by the way), but I watch it on Netflix and it is the uncensored UK version and they use the F word and C word all the time. When it was shown on BBC America, it was bleeped out and consequently, lost its edge and was shit.

If you like Brit shows, watch them all on Netflix streaming. They include loads that are cut out of the American version because BBC in Uk doesnt have commercials, so an hour show is an hour, not 40 mins and a bunch of ads. Top Gear is miles better on Netflix

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 438

At first I caught reruns on BBC America, and then I found them on Netflix. I believe I caught the bleep on Netflix.

H

Hoover

At first I caught reruns on BBC America, and then I found them on Netflix. I believe I caught the bleep on Netflix.

Thats odd. Netflix doesn't censor. At least not that I've found bud.

D

Deleted member 438

I've seen just about every Top Gear to date. Love it!

D

Deleted member 438

Thats odd. Netflix doesn't censor. At least not that I've found bud.

I've seen so much stuff that I've lost track. Maybe it was cock and on BBC America. I started thinking it was cunt or something cause I've heard cock on top gear all of the time and they are a much cleaner show than kitchen nightmares.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mansack

Some of the best words are bleeped. Our views on what is acceptable is kind of messed up around here anyway. You can watch some guy get eviscerated or someones head get blown off on TV, but don't you dare call a woman a cunt (when she's OBVIOUSLY being one). What a time to be alive. :bs2:

D

Deleted member 438

Some of the best words are bleeped. Our views on what is acceptable is kind of messed up around here anyway. You can watch some guy get eviscerated or someones head get blown off on TV, but don't you dare call a woman a cunt (when she's OBVIOUSLY being one). What a time to be alive. :bs2:

I agree, it seems like regular TV has gone ultra violent, yet you can't say a silly swear word.

C

Camo

We do things different here, I call whoever I like a cunt. It's not a good way to make friends but if you aren't one or doing a good impersonation of one, nothing to worry about :)
Needless to say, I play on my own most days lol

jess24845030

I have to say Gordon in those kitchen nightmares does swear like a trooper and well known for it . And if you watch top gear over their our clarkson is always in trouble for things he has said . Loads of us think he should run for prime minister he would get my vote , only thing is he is not a fan of bikes . Good film for you guys to watch I think would be . Lock stock and two smoking barrels . Think you would enjoy it .