Putting air in front tire...

VDCOFF

Has anyone else noticed that is impossible to get any kind of gas station air pump hose in between the brake rotor and wheel to access the valve to add air.

I tired putting air in the bike at a gas station, I couldn't do it...is there a trick to this?

Maybe I am just stupid I don't know.

DLSGAP

I use to put angled valve stems on every bike with the first tire change. I would get mine from kurvygirl (search Google or ebay). She sells lots of goodies including different types of stems in a variety of colors. And yes, there are different sizes. I think we need the 11.3mm stems, but don't quote me on it. I like that you can get them anodized... I think I am getting these when I change my tires...

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
C

cracker0309

I use to put angled valve stems on every bike with the first tire change. I would get mine from kurvygirl (search Google or ebay). She sells lots of goodies including different types of stems in a variety of colors. And yes, there are different sizes. I think we need the 11.3mm stems, but don't quote me on it. I like that you can get them anodized... I think I am getting these when I change my tires...

I've used the right angle valve stems on a few of my bikes and loved them

DLSGAP

The 11.3MM stems fit our wheels. If you get the bent L shaped ones, they can sometimes be difficult to air the tire because they have a smaller diameter passage for the air, so it can take forever, especially to seat the tire initially

DLSGAP

That will make it somewhat better, but the main issue is the narrow section of the bend. I used to feel sorry for the air compressor when I would change tires on wheels with those when I worked at cycle gear

SeñorJack

El Guapo
That will make it somewhat better, but the main issue is the narrow section of the bend. I used to feel sorry for the air compressor when I would change tires on wheels with those when I worked at cycle gear

haha right on. I have a cycle gear here in sacramento and they have never been helpful. but i always figured it was because the helpful people were in the back doin the work :) i picked up my PR3s and asked about the valves and they had no idea... shouldve gone to your cycle center ;)

DLSGAP

They pay jack and while they pride themselves on customer service, they have a hard time keeping truly knowledgeable employees... Whole time I worked there, I think all I bought were some clearance alpinestars tshirts lol

SeñorJack

El Guapo
They pay jack and while they pride themselves on customer service, they have a hard time keeping truly knowledgeable employees... Whole time I worked there, I think all I bought were some clearance alpinestars tshirts lol

haha cool man I totally understand! im a musician and I worked at a guitar center for a few weeks... didnt buy anything. the place wasnt for me.