Proud new owner of a FZ8

Nstr_FZ8

Just picked up my 2012 FZ8 and I couldnt be any happier. :)
Anyways, just checking in. You guys will see me around this forum..

Also, Im not only a new FZ8 owner. Im also a new rider; and i want to take the chance to ask for all the tips you experienced riders could give on safety (I consider myself to be pretty safe, but i know everyone says that) i already took the required motorcycle safety course and passed it.
if you could also give some advice in the security of the bike, that would be much appreciated (the amount of bikes being stolen in south florida is outrageous)..

Please and thank you...

alexk

Weekend Rider
Park the bike in a well traversed, well lit area if you can. For example, when I go to downtown Austin, I park directly in front of a bar and tip its bouncer.

Always keep the bike steering locked. It means they can't just roll it up a ramp into a van/truck.

Use a high-visibility disc lock. It won't stop thefts cold, but it will be more visible and make you less of a target (if they have the time and the privacy to use a grinder, or the people to simply pick up the bike... it's gone despite your best efforts)

And of course... full insurance coverage. =)

I'm sure some people will want to chime in about alarms or lo-jack, but I've not done either.

And last but not least... Welcome!

F3NIX

Welcome. Always good to see another fz8 owner out there! Trust me i joined this forum about a month ago and this forum rocks. Lots of great members here. Ask and you will get the answer, even if its not what you want to hear!!

See ya around :)