Pricing advice

Geanmage13

So, lately i 've been thinking about going into the liter bike category and in order to do that, i would have to sell my bike so i can use the money for the down payment. My '13 FZ8 has been used in freeway commuting for the last 3 years and right now has about 21,000 miles on her. The only things i have changed are the tires (PR 4's) and short levers from ebay.

What would you guys say is a healthy selling price?! I was thinking maybe around $5-6k?

Mikz86ta

Bought my 2011 with just under 8k miles last year with a host of mods including 2 Bros, PCV, Luimoto seats and a bunch more. Paid $4800 out the door.
21k isn't bad miles but I seen bikes with less miles stock going for under $5k

Keach

In the Midwest you'd be killed because that would be a high milage bike lol. Luckily out in LA that's probably not the case. I don't think between 5-6k would be unreasonable in Cali where everything is more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geanmage13

Thanks guys, i'm keeping it for now till i save a bit more money.. And see if i can keep this one and then buy a second one! Double the joy :)

Umyaya

Just sold my bike. Had around 2x your mileage and I'm in Minnesota lol... hard to find a buyer since most were scared away from the mileage but ended up selling. Granted mine was completely modified...
I had it for two seasons and 37k on the clock... I parked it half way through the second season since I had two other bikes.... I would have been screwed if I didnt have other bikes and had to commute. Thing would be at like 60k lol!

Keach

Just sold my bike. Had around 2x your mileage and I'm in Minnesota lol... hard to find a buyer since most were scared away from the mileage but ended up selling. Granted mine was completely modified...
I had it for two seasons and 37k on the clock... I parked it half way through the second season since I had two other bikes.... I would have been screwed if I didnt have other bikes and had to commute. Thing would be at like 60k lol!

You should probably share with him what you got for yours...

Umyaya

I took 5k. Could have waited and maybe found someone to buy for 5.5k but was not waiting any longer.

SVTF119Z

I just bought my 2011 in January. Bone stock except for a powerbronze windscreen, 3600 miles. $5550 out the door, tax, title, dealer fee, and plates coming in the mail. Northern Illinois.

Last edited:

SVTF119Z

Where'd you find em for that low? I couldn't find any at that price. I did find a 2011 for 4500 but it had been layed down

Geanmage13

Thank you for the input gents!! Much appreciated.. it's undoubtedly a tough market but like you guys mentioned, being in Cali hopefully it will go fast, WHEN i decide to part ways.. it's hard to take that decision. It is my first "real" motorcycle :) I had a 250 but that doesn't count lol

Keach

I just bought my 2011 in January. Bone stock except for a powerbronze windscreen, 3600 miles. $5550 out the door, tax, title, dealer fee, and plates coming in the mail. Northern Illinois.

Not to thread hijack, but I'm from n Illinois too. There is a pretty big group of us