Power-Commander

massacresFZ8

I’m getting a DynoJet-Power-Commander with auto tune and also a full exhaust what kind of power difference will I have?

Tix

I just installed a PCV a short time ago, but without AutoTune.

I was lucky and it came with a map for the 8 that matches my mods.
The difference is Night and Day.
Compared to stock, its a brand new machine with power at every turn.

Mid range has been smoothed out.
Up front torque, IMO, has increased.
Top end seems to be maybe 10mph lower, but thats due to other things (mods) and not the PCV directly.

The PCV is a great addition to any bike. I love toying with it. :cool:

9 Lives

Put it on a dyno before and after, that is the only way your going to know how much you have gained, be ready for a disappointment.

Last edited:

Tix

Put it on a dyno before and after, that is the only why your going to know how much you have gained, be ready for a disappointment.

Why do you say this? Cost vs gain on stock? I'll agree it's rather small. Add in a few mods and you can get a good return. My bike is like new with a PCV, a good map, gutted cat, and air box/AIS mod. There's still more that can be done...

popeye

Got pcv and my bike is up to 100bhp on the back wheel And all my mods was made with a hammer not a bad job!

9 Lives

Got pcv and my bike is up to 100bhp on the back wheel And all my mods was made with a hammer not a bad job!

Post the dyno sheet or it didn't happen;)

Even so, that only 2-3 hp over stock.

If you like it that's all that matters.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Dyno numbers are negligible every dyno reads different you could put your bike on a dyno and have it show 100hp take it to another shop and show 90hp. The way to do it is to get a baseline dyno run before mods then dyno pull after on the same dyno. For example my zx10 pulled 173hp on guhls dyno and 189 on brocks performance dyno.

Bam Bam

The canned tunes you get with the power commanders are crap also way way rich. You should look into getting you ecu flashed to derestrict the bike and just get a tune in the stock ecu.

9 Lives

Dyno numbers are negligible every dyno reads different you could put your bike on a dyno and have it show 100hp take it to another shop and show 90hp. The way to do it is to get a baseline dyno run before mods then dyno pull after on the same dyno. For example my zx10 pulled 173hp on guhls dyno and 189 on brocks performance dyno.

Exactly, you need to compare apples to apples.