power commander or two brother juice box

decooney

Opinions will vary and only dyno results for your Canadian bike will show a difference..., but as an FZ8 newbie I spoke with several design engineers at Yamaha and VARS who resell gear for FZ8 including speaking with engineers at Graves. It's possible your Canadian bike might be set up different than say a USA/California bike fuel mapping.

I discovered several arguments for ECU flashing only or TB Juice Box for price, however if you can get a good price on the PCV, there are compelling adjustability and quality reasons I went this route. In the end, all three approaches can work. PCV has a map for the Akra slip-on only but I found it to be a little too rich, so the pain with the PCV was having to come up with a map that I was happy with short of going to the dyno. If you do the Akra slip-on and leave the DB quiet insert in and leave the airbox alone with no other mods, many engineers will tell you that you can get by without any fuel-mgt add on at all, while the same engineers will tell you if you want the bike to run at its best, adding something like a PCV is a benefit even with the stock exhaust can. My goal for adding the PCV was to see how much of the 4k-6k power and torque "DIP" I could get rid of and to stop the annoying popping so I did the AIS mod too. After fiddling with the mapping quite a bit, I'm very pleased with the PCV addition and change. After making the change, I went back and rode a stock bike multiple times swapping back and forth with a fried for both of us to confirm changes and results. My other two friends added slip-ons only with no other changes and they are good with it. Again, opinions will vary widely and a dyno will get you a lot closer than guessing. Good Luck.

Last edited: