Post Break In Service Speed

YamaHammer

Got my fz8 out of the service center today and took it for a cruise past 5k rpm. I wanted to see what 6-7k rpm was like. Well, its like the bike was only just rolling out of bed before. Past 6k it's awake and ready to kick ass! I was impressed.

Riding or wishing I was riding.

cambo

Avid Rider
you know, I hate to say this but in the year that I owned my 8, I think I took it past 6k like...twice! I just never really had a chance to open it up. I had always wanted to one day get to a track to see what it is you all are talking about lol.

damn...

MotoZen

you know, I hate to say this but in the year that I owned my 8, I think I took it past 6k like...twice! I just never really had a chance to open it up. I had always wanted to one day get to a track to see what it is you all are talking about lol.

damn...

Yeah, IMO the bike is a little boring during the "break-in" period. It's a lot more fun when you get to open it up once in a while.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

Rotaryknight

Yeah, IMO the bike is a little boring during the "break-in" period. It's a lot more fun when you get to open it up once in a while.

During my break in period, I was thrashing the crap out of her lol
Once I got to 20 miles on the odometer, I was redlining 3-4 gear on the highway and engine breaking every chance I got. Changed oil at 100 and 500 miles and then every 3-4k miles after that. Has 6k miles on it and still runs perfect.

MotoZen

Once I got to 20 miles on the odometer, I was redlining 3-4 gear on the highway and engine breaking every chance I got. Changed oil at 100 and 500 miles and then every 3-4k miles after that. Has 6k miles on it and still runs perfect.

I've heard of other people doing that. I just didn't want to give Yamaha any reason for trying to deny any warranty claims . . . just in case something came up. I'm sure your break in was a lot more fun than mine.

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...

I was just about the same lol, I'm at 3200 now runs just fine.

master paper clip

damn...

If I get down to visit before winter gets serious, your more then welcome to crack mine wide open an fly threw te rpm to max if your wanting to

pigdog

i read that while the crosshatching will help bed the rings using high rpm in short runs. crosshatching disappears within a short amount of time it has to be done when the bike is new. that's what i read somewhere in the forum

MotoZen

Ride it like you stole it!!
One of my fav quotes.........

If I stole it, I'd do everything in my power to NOT draw attention to myself. Just sayin'

YamaHammer

When I get a chance to do so, I am going to see what 10k looks like. Haven't been there yet.

Last edited:

F3NIX

If I stole it, I'd do everything in my power to NOT draw attention to myself. Just sayin'

Im pretty sure its referring to running away from the police....

Just sayin'

Sent from my phone

Rotaryknight

When I get a chance to do so, I am going to see what 10k looks like. Haven't been there yet.

its exhilarating running it up to 10k+....though, there isnt much power left after 10krpm, the hp and tq dies out soon right when it hits 10krpm.
between 6-9krpm is where the torque is the most and pretty much the enjoyable spot :)

YamaHammer

I'll be there soon!.

Riding or wishing I was riding.