Play in the dog bones

FZ8canuk

Does anyone have any up & down play in the dog bones at the shock mount?
I had a set of PR4s installed today and the tech noticed some play in the dog bones, he says it should not be there but could not be sure. So just want to see if anyone else has noticed this i checked my cousin's FZ1 and its got the same play.

So is this normal or cause for concern

tjfisher

I had a soupy lowering link that had a lot of play about 1/2 -3/4 inch when I put the bike on the lift to change my tires . Kinda freaked me out so I put the factory dog bone back in . The factory bone has rubber bushing that can and will wear over time . As for the drop plates the im short and need about a inch off the back end to be comfortable plus with the issues everyone has with the factory suspension plates im going to fab up some new loweing plates for my bike. Then later once I get what I want ill throw some metal on my mill ( need to fix it ) and make some for others if interested later

FZ8canuk

I had a soupy lowering link that had a lot of play about 1/2 -3/4 inch when I put the bike on the lift to change my tires . Kinda freaked me out so I put the factory dog bone back in . The factory bone has rubber bushing that can and will wear over time . As for the drop plates the im short and need about a inch off the back end to be comfortable plus with the issues everyone has with the factory suspension plates im going to fab up some new loweing plates for my bike. Then later once I get what I want ill throw some metal on my mill ( need to fix it ) and make some for others if interested later

I think I will be changing all the bearing and oil seals in the links as there is a good amount of play in mine as well, last thing I need is for things to start coming apart at 160 KM an hour