Planning next trip - Tasmania

sinclap2

Lazy
Just planning the my next trip with a couple of mates. This time heading we're down to Tassie. However, there are still some "negotiations" going on :D. This is the preliminary route...this was just to give us an idea of length (km's) and times.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?sad...eUq5CCndlOyQysx7qjGgGN7QTckDBQ&mra=ps&t=m&z=6

So, heading off from Wagga Wagga, NSW to Melbourne. Then throwing the bikes (and oursleves) on a big arse ferry and rolling across the water to Tasmania.

Last edited:
C

Camo

Am hoping to do a similar trip later in the year myself. My cousin bought a house down there and moves in over Easter.... Not quiet sure exactly where but I'm sure it's up top end.

I've driven around there but never on the bike. Place is magic, you'll have a ball mate!

You'd have to detour on the way back and do the great ocean road wouldn't ya?!

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

dont forget to include great ocean road. you'll only be just over an hour away from there from melbourne. speeding tickets arent really an issue once the summer "holiday" periods over :)

when are you planning on doing it?

Last edited by a moderator:

sinclap2

Lazy
Thanks, I have only heard good things. At the moment we're looking at October. I read somewhere the accommodation can get a little thin in Jan-feb.

I hadn't thought about the great ocean road, that is great idea!

W

WARPTH

if u do great ocean road im happy to be ur personal tour guide for the day ;)

sinclap2

Lazy
if u do great ocean road im happy to be ur personal tour guide for the day ;)

We may take you up on that! Actually one of my mates is originally from Warrnambool. So, if we decide to do that we head there too...

plans of mice and men

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

Lol! Warnambool!!!! Youll loose me at apollo bay. Thats where ill stop and turn around!! ;)

GarryM

You'll love it. I've done it by car and bike but the bike was definitely one of the best holidays I've ever had. I did it on an RGV250 in the middle of winter with 3 other mates. It was a bit crisp in the morning but all but one of the days we were there was brilliant sunshine. We found the locals to be very bike friendly with lots of tips and places to go at every pub we stopped in. Most places let us park our bikes around the back under cover too.

JSP

Administrator
Sounds like a blast! Would love to do something like that. I have never left the country.