pirelli diablo rosso 2

razz

after 4500 miles i became fed up with the total rubbish BT21 tyres fitted to fz8 , so i this morning had a pair of pirelli diablo rosso 2 tyres fitted , having only covered 80 miles this morning on the way back from tyre fitters , which is only 4 mile away :D she is awesome , 100% better , the handling has come on leaps and bounds , and i`m now off out again , good job i got a couple of days off and the sun is out :D

Last edited:

razz

ride 2 done , another 80 miles . she is super superb , he only draw back is we now got loads farm machinery about and meeting that stuff head on ain`t fun , oh and he front braking has improved big time , so much more bite , well done pirelli

V

Vapordan

Can you do a criticism of the stock tires and compare it with the new ones you got? That's gonna help us decide if an upgrade is worth it. Something much more than 'the stock tires are rubbish'.

FZER

Avid Rider
Everything I read about those pirelli's is positive. I wouldn't know a good tire from a bad though....My Gixxer 750 had BT-16's on it and I truthly don't see a difference other than that bike would fly. No 5-7k drop there.

razz

eeerrrr , i`ll try , the stock tyre used to let go far to often and far to easy , even after 100 mile blast , warm road temps , she spin up when nailing it from junctions etc , and when ya got to roundabout it would just let go , no warning at all , not even on the edge , it was killing my confidence . also with the standard tyres , she`d wollow alot on long bends that weren`t silky smooth . the rosso 2 tyres , don`t do any of the above , even tho they new , you can be cranked over and have the throttle pin`d and she grips so well , its improved the stock suspension for sure , sorry for the crap right up , so here goes . the stock BT021 are total rubbish if ya like going every where flat out n cranked over as mine let go all the time , the rosso 2 , is pure perfection on that style of riding and stick like glue , plus i use the bike every day for work , so we`ll see how they are in the rain

FZER

Avid Rider
eeerrrr , i`ll try , the stock tyre used to let go far to often and far to easy , even after 100 mile blast , warm road temps , she spin up when nailing it from junctions etc , and when ya got to roundabout it would just let go , no warning at all , not even on the edge , it was killing my confidence . also with the standard tyres , she`d wollow alot on long bends that weren`t silky smooth . the rosso 2 tyres , don`t do any of the above , even tho they new , you can be cranked over and have the throttle pin`d and she grips so well , its improved the stock suspension for sure , sorry for the crap right up , so here goes . the stock BT021 are total rubbish if ya like going every where flat out n cranked over as mine let go all the time , the rosso 2 , is pure perfection on that style of riding and stick like glue , plus i use the bike every day for work , so we`ll see how they are in the rain

Yeah a lot of streetfighters come wt sport tour tires. Tires seem to be a must for most. Recent moro mag writer took off the stock bt16 on a new cb1000 and he said it really sped up the cornering and helped his confidence too. Some folks would go for the extra mileage but for I'll go wt some stickies

Last edited:

GarryM

I didn't find the stock tyres to bad when they were new but they lost a lot of grip as they wore. I found the front would push a lot with the worn Bridgstones. Up-specing the tyres made a big improvement to front end grip and my confidence with the bike. I went with the Dunlop Q2's mainly because I had a new rear tyre in the garage left over from my R6. They worked well except the rear tyre only lasted 4000km. Not quite durable enough for me to get them again. I was thinking about going with the Pirelli's next time.

C

Camo

I got the softer Bridgestones dirt cheap yesterday and am having them put on tomorrow.
Had my suspension setup last week and it made a 100% improvement but after 8000km's, the stock hoops are very nervous.
If I hadn't got the Bridgestones so cheap, I would most definitely have gone with the Pirelli's.

DLSGAP

I rode on the rossos on my zx10... definitely better than the 8's oe stones. Ultimately I preferred Michelin. The pilot power 2ct and the pilot roads offered great grip and quicker turn in than the bridgestones. And I like how the profile of the rear is shaped. Gives great feedback so you can feel where you are on the tire. Of course that was on the zx10. With everything rubber mounted on the fz, there's not much feedback through the frame