Picking up my new FZ8 tomorrow

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
You heard me! I sold my SV650 today. Tomorrow I get a 2012 FZ8. Then I take 40 million pictures of it and act like I'm the first person to ever own one. Yes, I will be unbearable for a few days, so I beg your indulgence. Woohoo!:D:rockon::cheer::drunks::yes::tup::cheers:

V

Vapordan

woot!!! Oh how that night will be long. There's a way to make tomorrow come quickly: go to bed earlier!!!

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Thanks for the grats! I hope I can be a positive addition to this forum. It would be great if I could fall asleep early, but I don't think I'll be able to.

dtbrown

I know how you feel. I just got mine last week and it's been nothing but nonstop looking for mods and things online. Took forever to figure out my new riding gear. Still breaking it in but it's been nothing short of awesome. It may weigh 470lbs but doesn't even feel like it and my friends think the same.

You'll love it.

Thanks for the grats! I hope I can be a positive addition to this forum. It would be great if I could fall asleep early, but I don't think I'll be able to.

flonoen

Congratulations with your best buy in a long time, most likely!

I swapped my YZF1000R Thunderace with a FZ8N 10 days ago, and I gotta say I enjoy riding my 800cc moped a LOT more than I did the thunderace! Only thing I miss is the sound of the engine, full akra on the 'ace gave me a funny feeling in my pants whenever I started it. Only slip-on for my current bike :/

Take care, ride safe!

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Well, mission accomplished! I brought home a beautiful 2012 FZ8 today. Even my wife is impressed with its looks and she doesn't care a hoot about motorcycles. Here's a pic but it's not very good. I'll take some better pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

Lee_533

Well, mission accomplished! I brought home a beautiful 2012 FZ8 today. Even my wife is impressed with its looks and she doesn't care a hoot about motorcycles. Here's a pic but it's not very good. I'll take some better pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

How many helmets do you have?!? LOL

C

Camo

Grats mate! That feeling you get when you first get it in the garage, listening to it tick and creak as it cools down, the smell and the inability to stop looking at it is the best!!
Enjoy and go easy scrubbing those hoops in :)

David3

Congrats and enjoy the feeling! I love the color -you will get a lot of looks! :cool:

What mods do you plan to do first?

V

Vapordan

...and the inability to stop looking at it is the best!!

ya, what the f#%& is that about? i find i pull up a chair in the garage and an hour will just blow by before i catch myself wasting time.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Congrats and enjoy the feeling! I love the color -you will get a lot of looks! :cool:

What mods do you plan to do first?

Swingarm stand spools! Seriously. Anyone know where I can get some? Also a tank protector. Maybe the Yammy mini windscreen. And frame sliders, of course!

Lee_533

Swingarm stand spools! Seriously. Anyone know where I can get some? Also a tank protector. Maybe the Yammy mini windscreen. And frame sliders, of course!

Shogun makes some. I have swingarm stand spools that double as swingarm sliders. My dealer doesn't have a lot of parts for my bike, so I just found out was size the bolt was and picked up the ones that work, I think my Swingarm spools and frame sliders are for an 06 FZ1 and they fit perfect. (same frame and all).

Lee_533

Grats mate! That feeling you get when you first get it in the garage, listening to it tick and creak as it cools down, the smell and the inability to stop looking at it is the best!!

I still can't stop looking at it lol. I'll walk past it at my work and have to do a double take and look at it again. I don't know why but I just can't stop staring at it.