Phone dock?

Goldie.JamesT

Hi all,

I'd like to be able to attach a phone dock to my handlebar to charge, provide gps as I ride. Any have experience with this and can lead me in the right direction?

Thanks!

H

Hoover

Not being a smartass, but I just Googled "iphone motorcycle handlebar mount" and got 12000 hits!! ;)

adventuregpx

I decided I didn't like the phone dock idea and wanted something a little more flexible. I went with a ram mount instead. Here's a pic...

More pics here...

Last edited:

OdinSon

I use this and love it: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FHCR20/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: iOttie One-Touch Bike Mount Holder for iPhone 5 4S 4 3GS iPod Touch Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 S2 Nokia Lumia 920 HTC OneX EVO 4G Rhyme DROID RAZR MAXX Google Nexus LG Optimus G BlackBerry Z10 Torch Compact Size GPS: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Rotaryknight

I have the RAM mount with the xgrip.
Its pretty sturdy, I can operate the phone with my gloves on at times as long as I have the phone touch screen sensitivity on high. I have a Galaxy S4 with no case or screen protector and it fits the xgrip. The only problem is that because of the location of the power button and the volume rocker, I have to let the rubber mount hold onto the phone at a lower position then ideal. It handles 130mph fine.

RAM mounts are really expensive...

makulos

This is what I use through bluetooth on my iPhone. Comes in both iPhone 4 and 5 versions.

Buybits Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Mount Standard Kit with Direct to Battery Hardwire Power for the Apple iPhone 4

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051NTZR0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Buybits Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Mount Standard Kit with Direct to Battery Hardwire Power for the Apple iPhone 4: Car Electronics[/ame]

kpedro

This is what I use through bluetooth on my iPhone. Comes in both iPhone 4 and 5 versions.

Buybits Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Mount Standard Kit with Direct to Battery Hardwire Power for the Apple iPhone 4

Amazon.com: Buybits Waterproof Motorcycle Bike Mount Standard Kit with Direct to Battery Hardwire Power for the Apple iPhone 4: Car Electronics

That's what I had for my iphone 4 on my FZ6, worked great. Thinking of getting one for the iphone 5 for this bike too but have heard some not so great things about quality of that setup.

makulos

iPhone 4 Buybits dock worked great for me, I went and bought the iPhone 5 version when I upgraded from iPhone 4 to 5. To me, the case, mount and charging system--the whole set up is solid. Waterproof and shockproof too.