Penske in!

TeleRob

Yahoo got this baby installed today! Weather is not so nice but just sitting on it in the garage I can tell its firmer and not so harsh. Suppose to clear up on Friday. Now I need to get my fork springs in. It looks like I need to remove the headlight assembly to use my new pit bull triple tree stand... Another learning experience..

Last edited:

TeleRob

Trying to upload better pic

C

Camo

If you don't mind me asking, what did it cost and what advantages does it have over stock?

C

calscrazy

8975DB!!! thats what i have been looking at. did it require any mods or just bolt and go?

TeleRob

Its a quality shock and spring :D
No mods required, bolted right in.

Paid $695+shipping.

Advantages: sprung for my weight, floating piston shock, with rebound and compression damping. rebuildable. All specs really, but since its adjustable, it'll help keep the rubber on the road, and different kinds of roads...

C

calscrazy

let us know what you think once you get some time on it.

TeleRob

Where'd ya get them, Traxxion?
No, I didn't go to Traxxion, mainly because I couldn't get those guys on the phone.. left a message and they didn't call back.

I ordered from here: MD Racing Motorcycle Parts and Services, and both times I called, Matt answered directly.

I've been commuting on it now for a week, and very happy with it.
First at 225lbs, the bike geometry is changed due to less sag and squat.
the old shock needed 9 clicks to get the correct sag, but the ride was really harsh at that level so I had it dialed back to about 7.

I looked at the dust marks on the shaft of the old shock and I was most likely bottoming out on the stock shock. I also think the rebound damping is much better now, however I'm no expert, and I haven't played with adjustments yet to verify. Whatever it is, it feels a lot better going across street bumps

TeleRob

Both adjusters. The compression hex looks just like their auto 7500 series shocks.

I installed myself using a rear pitbull stand to set the bike on a pair of small jack stands under the rear sets. I used the pitbull to lift slightly and take some weight off the wheel when removing the lower linkage bolts.