Passenger Handles

D

DJK1505

Here they are! Be sure to stay within the line when cutting your fairing!!!!! They are not the best pics, will try and get more if you guys want them!

DJ

D

DJK1505

yes they mount to the frame. Sorry, I didnt take pics while I was doing it. Its very simple, everything is drawn out on the underside of the fairing. Just get your dremel and go to town. The handles mount to the frame and the bolts were provided in the kit. I put a little loctite just to make sure they dont come loose!

DJ

Speedo007

Those handles look great. Now you just need to take that sticker off your windscreen and you'll have an awesome bike!:poke:

D

DJK1505

hahaha I've had one of those stickers, or one like it, on every ride I have had for the last 17 years! Aint coming off! LOL

asantos

[lang=es]hola a todos

lucen muy bien los asideros, DJK1505 :)

Esta tarde tengo que dejar mi moto para revisión en el concesionario, y también voy a instalar los asideros.

Mañana haré alguna foto de cómo quedan.

un saludo
alfredo[/lang]

bigolkep

I need those mirrors!

Ive been all over ebay for months looking for the right parts for mine and Ive never seen those mirrors! post a link please???

D

DJK1505

I dont have the link on ebay anymore. I just searched universal mirror. My tomoks should be in next week. if you want them PM me.

DJ

Yeah the sticker is great! Thanks man!!!!

DJ

asantos

[lang=es]hola a todos

Bueno, he tardado un poco en hacer las fotos, pero aquí están :)

Os dejo una foto de regalo. Las nuevas generaciones vienen pisando fuerte :D

[/lang]

Olympus E-P1+14-42 (Zoom kit)

un saludo
alfredo

Last edited:

asantos

I leave here the instructions for mounting a rear carrier for FZ8, which has handles for the passenger are included.

I wonder if both accessories are interchangeable after cutting the tail fairing.

provenance of the photographs: yamaha.activoforo.com

best regards
alfredo

nanobh

[langtitle=es]consulta asideros fz8n[/langtitle]

[lang=es]Hola, estuve mirando para instalar unos asideros para la fz8, el problema es que no veo por ninguna lado que parte se tiene que cortar para poder instalarlos. Por favor alguien puede ayudarme
Gracias

Saludos de Argentina[/lang]

nanobh

[langtitle=es]consulta asideros fz8n[/langtitle]

[lang=es]hola, podras poner fotos de como se corta el carenado para instalar los asideros..
Gracias

Saludos de Argentina[/lang]

mano1192

I just installed mine and Im very dissapointed in the quality of the gap in the fairing. Due to the back bolt there is now a 1/2 gap right into below the seat, this will allow water to get in very easily. The kit does not come with weatherstripping either. Im going to grab some flexible weatherstripping and see if I can get this mod cleaned up a bit. I mean come on Yamaha, if the bike sits in the rain my powercommander is going to get ruined, so guys be aware of this if you live in rainy parts of the country. I live in Vegas so not a huge deal...even though its raining today :)

Also i stayed perfect with the cutout line and there are gaps. Make sure if you do this that you leave a 1/4"-1/8" from the line. This will allow you to get a snug fit against the bars and hopefully just trim down where you need to. Otherwise you will end up with gaps like me!

mckshred

My Grab Rails just came in......

I just installed mine and Im very dissapointed in the quality of the gap in the fairing. Due to the back bolt there is now a 1/2 gap right into below the seat, this will allow water to get in very easily. The kit does not come with weatherstripping either. Im going to grab some flexible weatherstripping and see if I can get this mod cleaned up a bit. I mean come on Yamaha, if the bike sits in the rain my powercommander is going to get ruined, so guys be aware of this if you live in rainy parts of the country. I live in Vegas so not a huge deal...even though its raining today :)

Also i stayed perfect with the cutout line and there are gaps. Make sure if you do this that you leave a 1/4"-1/8" from the line. This will allow you to get a snug fit against the bars and hopefully just trim down where you need to. Otherwise you will end up with gaps like me!

Thanks for the insight. I'm debating whether to let my local Yamaha dealer install them or tackle it myself. My wife is not liking the idea of me hosing it up and having to 'hear about it' either. I'm thinking if Yamaha screws it up, then they can replace the rear cowel at their cost. Appreciate your guidelines for sure though!

mckshred

Dealer won't even install these.

Went in for my 600 mile service last weekend and was hoping to get the dealer to install my passenger grab rails. Advised me to go to a body shop. Guess I'll give it a try when I have the patience. Probably should have done it before the fender eliminator kit was installed but......

Last edited: