Paddling

socal

aww yea, luckily the harbor is down the hill from me so whenever its warm me and the guys go out. the long route we take is about 10 miles

Tango59

I need time to get out... Even being an empty nester now, seems like all of my off days are busy as shit. Did get to ride the FZ to work the last couple of days but thats because my take home car broke down and the backup is an even bigger POS.

cxa0897

Yup. I kayak fish heavily over the summer and fall. Last year I probably did 75 trips or more. I also have a surfing yak which is loads of fun when the waves are right.

[]V[]addog

I have a canoe ... its not the same but better for a couple... unless you can afford two kayaks... and with this bike... and other hobbies... no chance! lol

cxa0897

I have a canoe ... its not the same but better for a couple... unless you can afford two kayaks... and with this bike... and other hobbies... no chance! lol

2? psh. I have 4 yaks just for myself :D

my primary fishing, a rough water/ocean launch/loaner fishing, a racing/trainer yak, and the surf yak. I like to cover all the bases ;)

and then there is fishing gear....we all know how that goes

[]V[]addog

2? psh. I have 4 yaks just for myself :D

my primary fishing, a rough water/ocean launch/loaner fishing, a racing/trainer yak, and the surf yak. I like to cover all the bases ;)

and then there is fishing gear....we all know how that goes

Ha ha, holy crap.
I have my bike, then a mazdaspeed3, mountain bike, my canoe, big in to reef aquariums, stereos, tvs, etc.
Plus I have my own house... been paying for my stuff an my things on one income my entire life... I am tapped out though ATM. lol

Tango59

The wife and I canoe'd for years and this year I was finally able to talk her into kayaks. I bought a Jackson Cuda12 (SOT) and she picked out a 10ft sit in from Bass Pro Shops. Won't be able to take vacation days off till after Labor Day.

cxa0897

fall is the best time for yakkin. great fishing and hurricane swells that crush you like this one, courtesy of my gopro. Nothing like seeing the footage of yourself getting crushed :p

cxa0897

I can post some other pictures that would convince you otherwise lol.

Ive been beaten up pretty bad by some of those waves.

Gotta go out and try though, I'll admit I'm one of those people who likes to take on some risk

cxa0897

starting off pretty well :cheers:

uh oh, its closing out. I think i can make it though :cheer:

didnt quite make it. that red lines points right to where i am :eek::eek5::eek:

this is a fun pic also, i like to call it ghost rider. i got wiped off the yak and it kept riding the wave in :p

Last edited:

Tango59

Thats cool.... I've watched a buttload of surf launches and would love to give it a shot. Thinking next summer about taking it to SC and fish some saltwater and some of the tidal rivers ... Gators might make me change my mind tho