Other bikes you've considerd buying instead of the FZ8 ?

FZ8qwk

Over the last 10 years, I’ve owned a V-Strom 1000 (too big), an FZ6R (too small), and the FZ8 (just right). I liked the FZ6R a lot, but found it just a tiny bit buzzy for my taste.

I go for an upright riding position, user friendliness, decent torque, and some fun on the top end occasionally. I also like to farkle for fun. I’m enjoying every minute with the FZ8. And I’ve learned to really enjoy the naked experience versus riding with a windshield.

My 2 cents worth: (1) Decide what is most important to you about riding: Cost? Looks? Posing? Speed? Comfort? (2) RIDE some possible candidates before you buy. I once heard from a dealership that only about 15% of new motorcycle buyers test ride before they buy. I couldn’t believe it. That’s just taking a huge risk with a lot of money. Also, check insurance rates and availability before you buy. And factor in the price of good equipment: helmet, jacket, boots, gloves. (3) Don’t pay too much attention to magazine reviews. They love every bike they ride, especially ones that have way more capability than 99% of us will ever use, especially on public streets with speed limits and penalties for moving violations. (4) After you buy, work on your own riding skills more than thinking about whether or not you love every aspect of your new machine. When your skills or riding interests (like off-road versus on-road) have progressed past your current machine, it’s time to look for a new one. Otherwise, it ends up being a VERY expensive hobby.
which dealerships in miami will let you test ride them, most i spoke to said no.

DLSGAP

I've never not test driven a bike before buying. If you build a decent relationship with the dealer, and they know you're looking to buy... shouldn't be an issue. Usually random people of the street get a no. Bike dealerships get a lot of tire kickers

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

grant696

2013 Honda CRF-250L. I love the style of it and that its a fuel injected dual sport. It would be nice to ride up north and hit the trails once you get there.

grant696

Eventually, I decided I would use the bike for more on road use and the 250 wouldn't have as much power as I would like, as well us two-up riding.

DLSGAP

Buddy of mine has one. Ita fun., and looks cool.. I didn't like the way it felt though

FZ8qwk

Buddy of mine has one. Ita fun., and looks cool.. I didn't like the way it felt though

didnt like the suspension, power, ?? seating position ?

what was it that you didnt like compared to your bike ?

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
I still have not purchased a bike yet.
The FZ8 is a really nice bike.
Did you guys consider buying any other type of bike ?
did you get the FZ8 because of cost ?
Why did you buy an FZ8 ?

Yamaha has a demo ride truck that should be making the rounds in the next few weeks. Go to their web site and see if there's an announcement for the truck coming to your area.

DLSGAP

didnt like the suspension, power, ?? seating position ?

what was it that you didnt like compared to your bike ?

I actually liked most of that better than the fz... For me though, it just didn't fit right. It's a great bike though

e11charlie

I've ridden the cb1000 and didn't go with it either. Having owned an FZ1 it was the same reason I didn't like it. The bike is much more capable than my skills will ever use. The 8 was the perfect middle ground for power and capabilities for me. Sure it needs some refinement but doesn't everything? The CB1000 I actually found quite comfortable.

Tango59

Considered the BMW F800R , Speed and Street Triples and the new 800 Tiger. I was about to buy a leftover FZ8 a few months ago untill I found out the 2013 had been upgraded. Price and Yamaha reliability sealed the deal. Still waiting tho.