Operation Plasti-F**k

cambo

Avid Rider
Looks really good! Really pops! I think it goes great with the red wheel stripes... Full red wheels may be too much?

thanks man! that's exactly what I thought too after seeing the red rim this morning. Instead, I'm going to paint a thick line around the outer edge of the rim...the only place where air bubbles didn't seem to form....to hopefully emphasize a staggered look.

we'll see how it goes!

Last edited:

Rotaryknight

if plasti dip is anything like paint, you will have to clean the wheel with mineral spirits to get every dirt and oil particle off the rim or it will contaminate the plasti dip.

The red under the seat and the red rims looks awesome.

I am trying to do use gold, white and the matte black for my FZ8

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
looks awesome... can't wait to see it in person ;)

we really should get a cross forum get together set up. all the FZx lined up

cambo

Avid Rider
if plasti dip is anything like paint, you will have to clean the wheel with mineral spirits to get every dirt and oil particle off the rim or it will contaminate the plasti dip.

The red under the seat and the red rims looks awesome.

I am trying to do use gold, white and the matte black for my FZ8

thanks man...looking forward to your project, interested to see how it turns out. I've seen gold theme...and I've seen white theme...and I've seen the murdered out black theme...but never a combination of all three!

looks awesome... can't wait to see it in person ;)

we really should get a cross forum get together set up. all the FZx lined up

thanks man...that would be awesome, shoot I get excited when I any fz...nevermind an entire gaggle!

cambo

Avid Rider
alright, finished. definitely not what I planned when I started this out, but after seeing the whole rim red the first time, I definitely wasn't a fan. the suggestions of many of the folks on here also swayed me away from a fully red rim as well.

I wanted the bike to be tastefully red...not over done. So I went back to a red rim sticker...but just a little thicker this time around.

haha, now I have 3 cans of red plasti dip on the way. I guess I'll have to plasti-f*ck something else up!

master paper clip

Try Plato dippin those plastic covers that are on the frame by the tank and try out the side burns for the headlight, do them red and see what it looks like, ther super easy parts

MikeC

Weekend Rider
alright, finished. definitely not what I planned when I started this out, but after seeing the whole rim red the first time, I definitely wasn't a fan. the suggestions of many of the folks on here also swayed me away from a fully red rim as well.

I wanted the bike to be tastefully red...not over done. So I went back to a red rim sticker...but just a little thicker this time around.

haha, now I have 3 cans of red plasti dip on the way. I guess I'll have to plasti-f*ck something else up!

Absolutely gorgeous exhaust and overall setup.