Oil Pan Dead. need tips

changonyx

Ok so Im orderring a new Oil Pan and gasket. ( technical name/part# 39P-13400-00-00 STRAINER COVER ASSY)

This is my primary mode of transport and the pan won't be in for probably a month as it's not stocked virtually anywhere. The bike is currently in the shop so I cant check on mine atm, but I was curious if anyone knew or could check real quick to see if the oil pan was steel or aluminum. If it's steel I'm really considerring welding a patch on the whole so It'll hold until my replacement parts get in.

BTW, this is my first post, just joined, I bought my 2012 FZ8 last July and it's already up at 20k. She's been a champion until this recent bout of bad luck.

~Shawn

changonyx

That might be worth looking into. I've litteraly called just about every parts shop I can think of and they all say it's in Japan. Living in Hawaii doesn't make sense to order it from the mainland so it can go from japan to mainland then back to hawaii.. >.< I just wanna RIDE

JSP - Thanks, You just borke my heart, but thanks. There goes my hopes of getting her back on the road before month's end.

Last edited:

changonyx

I actually did order from BikeBandit, because it says that.... However, after an email and 3 phone calls about epediting the shipping and what not they admitted that they don't actually have the strainer cover in stock(1-25 day backorder). They are shipping me the gasket to though, which I guess I'll wear as a necklace to keep from going insane while my missing part moves down the assembly line.

So the FZ1 part wouldn't work is what you're saying about the mismatching parts# I assume?

I really do appreciate all the help though, even if we're not getting anywhere, it does help to vent with some fellow owners who I'm sure have been there before. Bianca Bled out on my ride to work... My poor girl.

JSP

Administrator
Well that sucks... I hate when places say in stock only to find out AFTER ordering its not. Bikebandit is usually good with that.

Not sure where all you have checked, and hard to tell what is truly in stock...

39P-13400-00-00

These guys say they wont list if back ordered?? Maybe call them.

OEM Parts

Then just google the part number and you will find tons of other shops, etc that say they have it. Someone has to have it...