Oil light...

VDCOFF

Has anyone had their oil light come on for a few seconds while riding and then go off.

Yesterday mine came on right after i left my house just cruising down the development and it went off about 15 seconds later and never came back on.

I did my oil change and I know I did it correctly, anyone have any experience with this?

I am running rotella t6 and a k&n oil filter.

b-eock

I've had mine come on, but only when my clutch sensor was unplugged. Check on your clutch side of the handlebars and make sure that's plugged in tightly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Rgraphic

I started using a K&N oil filter and mine came on as well. Same amount of oil I used last change. Had to add a little because it seems the K&N will retain more of the oil. Not really sure if that's whats happening, but just a guess since nothing else changed.

07cobaltLScoupe

hmmm i just did my first oil change/service last week with a K&N filter and Castrol Act>evo X-tra 4T 10w-40 semi-synthetic and my light hasn't come on once, not during first start-up or even when i put like 40/50 miles on it friday, haven't had a chance to get out since thou

JSP

Administrator
You say you did it correctly but just to make sure... How are you checking your oil level?

VDCOFF

You say you did it correctly but just to make sure... How are you checking your oil level?

I was checking it with the sight glass, it was about 3/4s of the way full, maybe a little less...but still within the lines it has to be within...

Maybe it came on because my bike was sitting for a couple days

JSP

Administrator
I was checking it with the sight glass, it was about 3/4s of the way full, maybe a little less...but still within the lines it has to be within...

Maybe it came on because my bike was sitting for a couple days

With the bike standing upright and level?

VDCOFF

With the bike standing upright and level?

yea with the bike on a rear paddock stand...and also me just holding it upright and level

when I changed the oil I had it on a rear paddock stand so it was level

The light hasn't come on since and I've ridden it a fair amount. maybe it was just a freak thing, seems to be running fine.