OEM parts where to buy?

mikefz8

I need to purchase some OEM parts to fix my motorcycle back to up. Ready go

:):)

gear selector
crankcase cover & plug
bar ends new mirrors (not oem for these)
the plastic above the fuel tank

Jacek3743

plastic above the fuel tank is ridiculously expensive (imo) but if you want parts either ebay or servicehonda.com, they have cheaper than dealership parts

mikefz8

@Jacek..

I want to change out a few things like the levers and possibly the handlebars not OEM. same places?

RoadKill

I need to purchase some OEM parts to fix my motorcycle back to up. Ready go

:):)

gear selector
crankcase cover & plug
bar ends new mirrors (not oem for these)
the plastic above the fuel tank

i just replaced the top cover for my fuel tank. here is a link to the 2011 fz8 at cheapcycleparts.com Fuel Tank Yamaha FZ8NAB 2011 OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

it is 153.24 keep your badges if you want to put them back on because it does not come with all of the little parts in the picture. the rubber spacers etc, screws badges etc.

also compare with bikebandit.com sometimes one is cheaper than the other oh and OEM Yamaha Motorcycle Parts, Engine, Motor and Racing Performance Dealer Parts | Babbitts Yamaha Parts House

which is babbits.

thach1130

holy crap, 150 just for that small piece of plastic right in front of the gas tank. Some of the OEM parts cost just as much as aftermarket upgrades.

Jacek3743

@Jacek..

I want to change out a few things like the levers and possibly the handlebars not OEM. same places?

A lot of us here are sporting Ebay levers and most of us like them. Check out different threads around here. The search option will be your best friend. there is a whole thread on handle bars on here and most will probably say where they bought them

socal

Bikebandit.com has tons of oem parts. Plus fast shipping

they had the stuff but were a pain to deal with. they had to ship it twice cause the first time they didnt put a "ship to" label on it so it went back to them.

mikefz8

UPDATE

I ordered some replacement parts today from servicehonda.com I compared prices and shipping between all of the suggested sites. It came down to price and shipping. What I found was that
PartShark.com and ServiceHonda.com were the best out the door you could say. Thanks for all the suggestions hope to have my bike back up and running shortly :)

RoadKill

hmm babbits has the 2013 forks for 419 a piece but partshark want 453 a piece.
although they were cheaper for the fuel tank cover. i think the prices vary a lot from place to place.

mikefz8

hmm babbits has the 2013 forks for 419 a piece but partshark want 453 a piece.
although they were cheaper for the fuel tank cover. i think the prices vary a lot from place to place.

I just noticed this too...It seems it is item specific...but the group of parts I needed were cheaper out the door from servicehonda. So basically you have to price them all out before you place an order if you are looking for the best price :)