OEM Handle Bars

alexk

Weekend Rider
Similar ergo and quality bars for $35.35 + 6.95 shipping? Point me in that direction!

Ergonomically, bikes are a challenge for me. I'm 6'5", and few work for me - and this bike works WELL. I really don't want to move the handlebars forward/down, and the cable length won't allow much of a raise.

Woody146

Banned
I got speigler aluminum bars...wayyyyyy lighter..bend is a tad lower(more like clip ons) but that was my preference...all the companies have different bends...annnnd different colors! I do believe that they were $75 shipped..so a bit more expensive..

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Off topic, ( sorry op) has anyone ever tried to simply invert the handlebars? Like cafe racers on a budget used to do?

alexk

Weekend Rider
Much appreciated, Mike, but I think I want to keep the current ergos, so I'll be hitting the dealer tonight on the way home to see if they'll price match the interwebs (they usually do).

On my shopping list:
Handlebars
Frame Sliders

Not a bad weekend =)

MikeC

Weekend Rider
I thought that the FZ1 bar didn't fit ether without risers?

yeah it kinda depends what you mean by "fit".

You can get all the controls on, but it's essentially slammed down by 3 inches which puts it just right inline with touching the tank at full lock.

Woody146

Banned
yeah it kinda depends what you mean by "fit".

You can get all the controls on, but it's essentially slammed down by 3 inches which puts it just right inline with touching the tank at full lock.

Did you not like em? That why your ditching em?

MikeC

Weekend Rider
yeah I had some second thoughts on running a bar that close to the tank at lock. You'll need to move the brake line a tiny bit too. But it was mighty aggressive and also great looking.

G

GNoiZZ

yeah I had some second thoughts on running a bar that close to the tank at lock. You'll need to move the brake line a tiny bit too. But it was mighty aggressive and also great looking.

Do you have any pics with that FZ1 bars on?