OBD 2 device on the FZ8?

Faraz

Can i install an OBD 2 device on the FZ 8? I think the protocol is CanBus for an FZ8 but dont know much about it. Help, please?

Gem rod

This is certainly something we should all be interested in to make fault diagnosis easier. The first question I would have is how easy is it to access the ECU and plug in a diagnostic tester?

The ECU is easy to access, just a little time consuming to get to it under the airbox. I don't know what this mod involves but if it requires something to plug into the ECU there isn't much room to play with. But I am definitely interested to see if it works.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9 Lives

This system is not compatible with OBD2, it has its own diagnosis system. Car manufactures were legislated into coming up with a universal diagnosis system (OBD2) Unfortunately this legislation does not apply to motorcycles. They all have different diagnostic systems. The shop manual explains how to go into diagnostics mode, you don't need any external device, the info comes up on your display. With this info and the shop manual you can diagnose your bike's EFI system.