Now we're making progress. Tomorrow we're gonna do the fenders and work out the graphics for the "Speed blocks". Keep in mind this ain't my handiwork.

Tango59

Paint finished for now

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2 which I appearently do not know how to use.

Last edited:

Tango59

Just started using taptalk and tried to post a pic of the tank and tail painted yellow.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Tango59

photos

The yellow is a Ford "Amarillo Edition" color and blue is a standard PPG color. EJ had to work on his wife's Suburban so painting has to wait a couple more days. Should be ready to ride next week. Still have to get the handlebar powder coated and figure out what levers I'm gonna put on it (Black or maybe blue).

Last edited:

Tango59

Gotta run by his house this week and get the handlebar off to powder coat. Ej's getting a guy to cut a template for the speedblock on the tank and tail. We got to looking at it and EJ suggested painting the plastic tank cover blue to break it up a bit. Can't wait to park it in the middle of the parking lot on Bike nite and see what happens. Told him I feel like I'm on "
Overhaulin"

Tango59

So this weekend we're gonna put it all back together. My buddy shot the final blue on the parts he thought should be blue. EJ is gonna finish the clear coat sat morning. He was jacking around with the bar end mirrors and signals today and ribbing me about metric stuff. While this paint started out as a Yamaha theme, I'm not sure how it's gonna end up. I trust EJ's work so I just said "Go for it". I'll ride it home on sunday and post pics.

Tango59

DONE...for now

As it sits now. I posted the photos on FB and got the perfect response "What is it" ? Gonna keep it like this for awhile and may do the racing theme later sometime. The ebay mirrors are freakin awesome BTW and 29 bucks. The right rear signal won't blink for some reason but the signals are awesome too.