Not if but when...

DossieBoy

So I have been doing a lot of thinking ho how I would handle minor incidents that I was not injured in. For instance a close call or a lay down a a parking lot. Obsessively they will find out if something major happens, but do y'all tell your non-rider friends/family about the little stuff?

I know people worry about me already and what not so I really don't want them worrying about me more or stressing over it. Just wonted to hear how y'all handle it.

As always, Ride safe out there!

Jacek3743

So I have been doing a lot of thinking ho how I would handle minor incidents that I was not injured in. For instance a close call or a lay down a a parking lot. Obsessively they will find out if something major happens, but do y'all tell your non-rider friends/family about the little stuff?

I know people worry about me already and what not so I really don't want them worrying about me more or stressing over it. Just wonted to hear how y'all handle it.

As always, Ride safe out there!

Keep it to yourself unless they ask, because most people's mentality is "if you did it once, youll do it again"

in my case, i ate shit doing a burnout. I stopped doing burnouts, case closed. you learn from the stupid things you do if you want but minor spills are what teach you about the mistakes you do and hopefully learn from them.

thach1130

If they're fellow rider then by all mean give them every gory details so they can learn from your mistakes. Otherwise keep it to yourself. Telling them the small stuff only make the mentally of people regarding rider even worse. They would think that all biker will crash and die eventually.

e11charlie

I tell my wife everything. 8 years in the infantry while she was watching CNN hoping not to catch a glimpse of me. It's the not knowing she can't handle. She is stronger than me sometimes. She can handle it. Anyone outside of my wife I could give two shits less what they think of my extracurricular activities. If they don't like it then off is the general direction in which they can ****.

pigdog

i choose to share my close encounters with no one. well unless i walk in the door all scuffed up & bloody, then you're busted.

Bajaedition

unlike the harley poser I do not deny anything

face it, this is not the safest form of travel, then why try to sugar coat it.

If asked, I will tell anything asked.

Tango59

Non-riders are gonna put their two cents in regardless. I don't tell the wife about close calls but I will when I dump it. Dumped the Bandit a couple of years ago trying to do a police motors course. She noticed damage on the bike right away eventhough it was minor.

cxa0897

I make up stories to worry my gf sometimes. " I was all like zip zoom zip, lane split, wheelie doing 85, all while in flip flops. Then the cops tries to catch me riding dirty and I just hauled it”

She knows it's a lie, but it sure is fun ;)

I have no problem telling her most of the things I do, she's been on and around bikes so she knows the deal, as do most of my friends