Nobunaka Rearset

Vhutchinson

Ehhh...it happens. :D

Yeah maybe too much gold but I like it! My wife likes to bug me and say that annoying little king Geoffrey from game of thrones road a bike it would probably be this one! Lol! The Canadian FZ8S have red on the rims and a red design on the tank. I am not crazy about the red on the tank and the shitty thing is that it is clear coated so I am stuck with it.

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk

Ripemup

View attachment 3465

Just received my rearsets today! Out of the box they look pretty decent for $300 . They also came with the brake light kit which I wasn't aware of when I ordered. They were packaged well and shipping was only 5 business days from Thailand to Canada which is insane. I can't even send a letter to the next province in 5 days! I will post installed pics later

That's pretty insane! They do look a lot like the vortex rearsets but a much better price!

I wonder if the current political crisis in Thailand will affect orders? I want to order them but...

Oh well, pulled the trigger and will see what happens! Sounds like the customer service was pretty good.

Last edited:

Vhutchinson

That's pretty insane! They do look a lot like the vortex rearsets but a much better price!

I wonder if the current political crisis in Thailand will affect orders? I want to order them but...

Oh well, pulled the trigger and will see what happens! Sounds like the customer service was pretty good.

They just emailed me today to ask how I liked the set and asked me to spread the word so it Sounds like they are not affected currently.

Ripemup

Got a quick email stating that they are being made and a tracking number will be emailed as soon as they are ready. All positives so far!

BigD

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/24/a7ybede4.jpg[/IMG

Got her all wrapped up today. Everything went well but the brake light took a little bit of screwing around with to get it set right. Other than that they seem pretty sweet. Shifting is really smooth, the pedals feel strong and they seem pretty durable. I will try them for a while and keep you guys posted

Sent from my SGH-I527M using Tapatalk[/quote]

Are you still using the Nobunaka rear sets? Any cons thus far? Still going strong?

Cheers

Rotaryknight

Everytime I have money saved up to buy these rearsets, something else comes along and I have to wait again...

They look so damn good in gold on a fz8. I cant spend that much on the Satos lol

Ripemup

So I received mine (black not gold...I'm just not a 'blingy' guy) and put it on.
Loved the pegs and the shifting, and rear break. Wasn't as keen on the shifter lever being exposed so much...

Over all, it looked great out of the box but just decided to go with stocks for now. That was the first experience with a new rear set so I'm not a very good testamonial. If anyone wants a black Nobunaku pm me. I live in Canada so my judgement isn't always the greatest....you have been warned!

elim70

Just received my new/used nobunaku rearsets from Dave aka ripemup. They were perfectly packaged, in like new condition, shipped as fast as could be expected and the price was right[emoji57]. Thanks Dave! Couldn't be happier. I will give a review in a couple weeks when I get them installed. Working 60+ hrs/ week and the tranny in race car took a [emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umyaya

So I received mine (black not gold...I'm just not a 'blingy' guy) and put it on.
Loved the pegs and the shifting, and rear break. Wasn't as keen on the shifter lever being exposed so much...

Over all, it looked great out of the box but just decided to go with stocks for now. That was the first experience with a new rear set so I'm not a very good testamonial. If anyone wants a black Nobunaku pm me. I live in Canada so my judgement isn't always the greatest....you have been warned!

How much? I may be interested.

Umyaya

he sold it to Elim70

I am thinking about ordering some rear sets... I have a question though.. I have no issues with the stock ones and the positioning is great and comfortable.. Only probably is a scrape my boots and the safety peg things on turns... I adjusted my foot position and still sometimes do... I feel like if I got adjustable ones and put them higher my knee and thigh would be cramped on the bike! any input? is this a common issue?

Ripemup

I am thinking about ordering some rear sets... I have a question though.. I have no issues with the stock ones and the positioning is great and comfortable.. Only probably is a scrape my boots and the safety peg things on turns... I adjusted my foot position and still sometimes do... I feel like if I got adjustable ones and put them higher my knee and thigh would be cramped on the bike! any input? is this a common issue?

I was at The Ridge for a track day last week and started having the same issue...dragging my monster feet in turns can be a little disconcerting!! :eek:

I tried the Nobunaka's and to be honest, I think the movement to the back was more comfortable...and the pegs were smaller and still really grippey (is that a word??). Anyway, although I liked many things about the Nobu's, I didn't like the shifter bar outside the frame so I took them off (carefully) and shipped 'em to Elim70.

I have size 11 feet and am 6'1'' tall so I'm probably always going to be a toe dragger, but I may go and try Knight Design pegs as a cheaper alternative to trying multiple rearsets until I find the 'right' one for me....my two cents.

I put info for Knight Design in another thread I believe. :D