Nj motor sports park

master paper clip

So my birthday was the at the beginning of February, my friend got us some tickets for opening day witch is tomorrow, get some free laps of there go kart tracks, and some time on there tracks, extremely excited about the track time with my bike as it will be my first time at a track with a bike, anyone been here before.. Anything I should know before going

D

Deleted member 438

So my birthday was the at the beginning of February, my friend got us some tickets for opening day witch is tomorrow, get some free laps of there go kart tracks, and some time on there tracks, extremely excited about the track time with my bike as it will be my first time at a track with a bike, anyone been here before.. Anything I should know before going

What about the snow? Should be a good time, but rather cold.

master paper clip

What about the snow? Should be a good time, but rather cold.

No snow here, and its supposed to be like 45, as long as its not below 30 I just layer up, once I'm on the road I'm fine just my hands get cramped quicker then normal.. Really need to invest in some heated liners

D

Deleted member 438

No snow here, and its supposed to be like 45, as long as its not below 30 I just layer up, once I'm on the road I'm fine just my hands get cramped quicker then normal.. Really need to invest in some heated liners

That's good, I thought you guys got the shit that passed through here a couple of days ago.

D

DJK1505

Remember to "give it hell", listen to the instructor, have fun, and beat the shit out of your bike! It will take every bit of punishment you think you are giving it and ask you for more. Play with your tire pressure, or ask a few veterans of that track for some advice on PSI. Dont worry if you miss shift, just remember your track position, prep for the next corner, and fuckin lay some knee n' haul ass brother!!!

DJ

master paper clip

Remember to "give it hell", listen to the instructor, have fun, and beat the shit out of your bike! It will take every bit of punishment you think you are giving it and ask you for more. Play with your tire pressure, or ask a few veterans of that track for some advice on PSI. Dont worry if you miss shift, just remember your track position, prep for the next corner, and fuckin lay some knee n' haul ass brother!!!

DJ
Hahah I wish I had the confidence to lay a knee, I spent all summer working sun up to sun down and the lack of turns in jersey I haven't gotten much practice, thats all gonna change this riding season, im riding as far out of state as i can every chance i get.. But im not 100% sure if its actually a track day, friend was telling me we might be lkmited to a set speed... Either way im excited. I will be on a track, on my bike with a giant smile on my face.. Hopefully have some pics tomorrow

master paper clip

So today was the day and it was a blast to say the least, a lot of nice cars and bikes, actually saw another fz8 he tagged along for my laps of the second track, told him about us hopefully he joins.. Ripped it up on the go karts quite a few times but only hit the 2 tracks on the bikes once each cause we needed more bikes to be able to go and almost everyone there was apparently a vagina with there super sports. OK now for the tracks,first track was the thunder track. its a fairly technical course not overly difficult but takes some effort, now the lightning tack was a blast, deffinatly a lot more forgiving of a track and can go a lot faster, averaged about 60-80 the whole time... Now for what little pics I remembered to take

W

WARPTH

almost everyone there was apparently a vagina with there super sports.

Oh, so its not just in aus... we have ALOT of those "types" of people down here.

Its great that you had a ball, riding on the track can improve yourskill on the road 10 fold.

master paper clip

Yea was sad cause they weren't letting auto and bikes on at the same time and minimum group size is 4, my first group on thunder raceway was me on my 8, friend was on his zx6r, then we had, a beat up r6, early 90s kawi, a zx14 with a beautiful full Brooks exhaust that sounded nuts... He was fallowing me and I could hear him the whole time, last guy was on a faired version of the z1000... Was a fun track and I probably would have enjoyed it more if I had more expierence, a lot of braking and shifting as opposed to the lightning circuit witch u can basically just coast threw the turns.. Now when we went to do the lighting track they were gonna make us wait cause t was just the 2 of us, but I found that random fz8 rider I saw and got him to go with us and they let just the 3 of us on... Took your advice DJ and just gave her hell, mostly was in 3rd hovering around 7k, only really shifted for the long straight and then back down to 3rd for the first turn.. Deffinatly will be going back this riding season. But gotta say seeing another 8 ripping on the track gave me a lot of confidence to really push her my second outing... My wallet is going to hate me

D

DJK1505

Took your advice DJ and just gave her hell, mostly was in 3rd hovering around 7k, only really shifted for the long straight and then back down to 3rd for the first turn.. Deffinatly will be going back this riding season. But gotta say seeing another 8 ripping on the track gave me a lot of confidence to really push her my second outing... My wallet is going to hate me

Hell yeah man, I beat the hell out of 3rd and 4th gear. I live at 6k, play around at 10K, when you start to learn the track you will get your gearing and shifting down. For now just go out there and play!

This is where I want to play this spring.

Shenandoah Circuit

DJ