New tires!

Woody146

Banned
Just got new rubber..swapped over from pilot power 2cts to the pilot power 3s...only got about 4200 out of 2cts but they are nice..but anyone looking for new tires..buy the pilot power 3s...worth every penny

FZ8Ryder

Thank you for sharing that I have been thinking about getting the road 3's. However just today I noticed on Revzilla they just came out with the pilot road 4's. Not sure if those would be a better choice or not.

Woody146

Banned
These are more track/ sport riding oriented. The ones you are looking at are more for commuting and mild sport riding..you should get way more miles with roads and every time they come out with something new..it's worth a look

FZ8Ryder

Thank you. So would you say that the 3's are more sticky and would have better lean angle? If so I think that's more what I'm looking for.

Woody146

Banned
Oh by far more aggressive lean angle..when I first got the 2ct's..I turned left out of tire shop and thought I was going to fall over...the 3's are the same angle but the rubber will last a bit longer (I'm told).. Try them and you will not be disappointed!

master paper clip

I had te pilot power 3 all summer, got 7500 out of my rear and I'm still on the front, I swapped my rear to a pilot road 3... So far I've only noticed the pp3 beig slightly more grippy but I like the pr3 a lot more... It feels a lot more solid and feel more stable to me when leaned over, to me it seamed the further I leaned on the pp3 the more it disappeared where on the road 3 I can feel what the tires doin the whole time... But neither tire is a bad choice both are fantastic

ssky0078

I went through 2 Pilot Power 3 rears (one went for 4,000, then another rear for 6,000), and one front (10,000). I thought they were fantastic for the first 2000-3000 miles, then they started to feel like they were getting a little slick (coincided with the rubber melting heat of mid summer AZ too, so that may have been the cause). Also the front started to scallop around 5,000, and I think I as running it at 36 psi the whole time.

I am on Pilot Road 3's right now and would say they are awesome. Almost as much grip as the Pilot Power 3 (maybe 90-95%) and lean in is almost as smooth. I've got 5,000 miles on them and the front looks like new and the rear looks slightly broke in. I had some Pilot Road 2s before all of those and I hated those the most of any tire I've bee on. Going to try either the Pilot Road 4 next or the Bridgestone T30.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W13WXGsNQOE"]The Ron Haslam Bridgestone T30 Review - Donnington Park - YouTube[/ame]

Woody146

Banned
Interesting...I only have about 100 miles on the pp3 but I'm liking them a lot..gonna look into road 4's maybe for next tire but it does seem the road series has a smaller and harder center which would be good for going straight..? Or commuting I guess