New Sato Rear sets

frank0902

Scored a great deal on some Sato rearsets, but boy, they're a strange gold color...almost orange. Added a few other goodies. How many shades of gold are there...LOL. I'm thinking of finding someone that can anodize them to one consistent gold color.

Still lovin' the bike. Just got back from a nice ride through the twisties.

S

Shock

I would run from the gold, go black. Enjoy the bike regardless

ramrod

I think your bike looks sharp man regardless! Good choice on the Sato's, they make great rear sets.

H

Hoover

Would plsati dip be a good choice for rearsets? Wouldn't it just peel off rather quickly?

I've been doing a lot of research on it lately as I'm going to do quite a bit on my Scooby. It looks incredibly durable, if applied properly. Home Depot sells the black in rattle cans for $6. Pretty cheap, even if you had to do it often.

lyric911

I've been doing a lot of research on it lately as I'm going to do quite a bit on my Scooby. It looks incredibly durable, if applied properly. Home Depot sells the black in rattle cans for $6. Pretty cheap, even if you had to do it often.

I have no experience with it. I've just heard people call it "semi-permanent" and since pegs get a lot of friction, thought I'd bring it up.

cambo

Avid Rider
Scored a great deal on some Sato rearsets, but boy, they're a strange gold color...almost orange. Added a few other goodies. How many shades of gold are there...LOL. I'm thinking of finding someone that can anodize them to one consistent gold color.

Still lovin' the bike. Just got back from a nice ride through the twisties.

hey frank0902 what kind of heat shield is that in the first picture?

GillymanMike

Sorry to stray away from the topic of rearsets ( which i is why i came to this thread in the first place) but are those the 3" CNC bar end mirrors off Ebay?:confused:

DLSGAP

On second thought... Nix the plastidip idea.. Those look awful. You should sell them to me. Cheap lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FZ8Ryder

Plasti dip is great for a lot of things, but on th rearsets it will not hold up to the abrasion/friction. Especially when it gets warm out. Trust me, tried and tested.