New Old Guy

blackie71

Bought a new 2011 today and put about 80 miles on in process of running it in. I have had a large number of bikes mostly sport bikes with upright rideing positions and a number of cruisers. I am going to be 72 in August and am gratefull I can still enjoy sport bikes. I knew I wanted the FZ8 after taking several demo rides at bike week in Daytona. Biggest suprise was how much wind is reduced by the headlight and front end. Even without any windscreen at all. A lot of people complain the suspension is too soft. But for me I like the soft ride and don't usually corner hard enough to upset the bike. Looking forward to make a few mods:D

H

Hoover

Welcome aboard. You will be very happy with your purchase. It's a great all round bike.

V

Vapordan

72 and riding? Formidable. I can say from the way I feel now at a bit more than half your age, I won't be able to ride let alone move about if I get to that number. Welcome, it's a pretty nice bike and decent forum too

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Congrats on your new FZ8. Nice to see you are still riding upright sport bikes.
I enjoy riding mine as much as possible, only 46 years of age, so i salute a guy that rides at 72.:welcome:

Ronzo

Congrats on your purchase! I'm a tad younger than yourself (10mo.). I love these bikes (I went for the S version). Enjoy - and safe riding.
Ronzo