New mirrors

Motogpmad

My new mirrors arrived today. well pleased with them. £39.99 well spent. Great price for a well made product. I'm tempted to order some Danmoto rear sets now.

Motogpmad

Yes mate. Very well made. Not to sure how long the finish will last on them though but thats not an issue. Will fit them tomorrow. Hopefully my headers will be back on thursday too. Had to order some new head studs as the two middle ones came out with the nuts. Slightly bent too. Had to buy 8 from yamaha as they wont sell me just 2. £15 :O

jonnyedwards1981

Yes mate. Very well made. Not to sure how long the finish will last on them though but thats not an issue. Will fit them tomorrow. Hopefully my headers will be back on thursday too. Had to order some new head studs as the two middle ones came out with the nuts. Slightly bent too. Had to buy 8 from yamaha as they wont sell me just 2. £15 :O

For the money mate if they last for 18 mths it will still be worth it

YamaHammer

Old thread I know....I just got the same mirrors. They came with three hex wrenches . What tools did you use to remove the factory yamaha mirrors? Did the hex wrenches suffice for installing the new mirrors if they provided you with them?

Riding or wishing I was riding.

Keach

I just got them too, but I have to wait for them to resend the reverse thread bolt cause it was crap. Anyway I used an open end wrench on the bolt that is a part of the stem of the mirror. Kinda hard to explain. Make sure you turn the right mirror clockwise since it is reverse thread

YamaHammer

How do you get it down in there to grab? I'm thinking of the bolt head or the nut underneath the removable cap.

Just a regular old open end wrench? What size? I only had a few minutes to fool around with it before I had to do something else.

Keach

To remove the stock mirrors I just used an open ended adjustable wrench on the nut that is just above the mirror perch. If you go to the below link and look at the picture of the stock mirror, you can see the nut I'm talking about. Just loosen it and twist off the entire mirror. Again remember you have to turn the right mirror clockwise to loosen it. You will then use that nut during the install of the new mirrors.

https://www.kfm-motorraeder.de/cms/en/genuine-spare-parts/yamaha-spare-parts?itemid=20S262900000

Keach

No problem...glad to help! China sent me a replacement reverse thread bolt that arrived yesterday so I just got both mirrors on myself. Such an improvement in looks over the stock mirrors! Function...well that's probably going to be a different story...pretty small lol.

LA2019

I put FZ-09 mirrors on my bike. (Sorry for the crappy photos; too cold and snowy to roll the bike outside!).