New member Sarasota FL

Jwood9

Hey everyone just got my 2012 Fz8 last weekend and LOVE it!
So far I've already used lots of info on this forum for basic info and to brainstorm ideas;). Thanks for all the info so far and I look forward to using this forum. If anyone has any ideas or do's and donts for a brand new Fz8 please give me your input!

Thanks much,
Jwood9

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Welcome to the Forum! I have had mine about 3 weeks and had only put 115 miles on it through yesterday. I just got back from a 60 mile ride. It's a great bike, isn't it?
Do's: post some pictures and/or video
Don'ts: Don't crash
Other than that have fun.

Hey everyone just got my 2012 Fz8 last weekend and LOVE it!
So far I've already used lots of info on this forum for basic info and to brainstorm ideas;). Thanks for all the info so far and I look forward to using this forum. If anyone has any ideas or do's and donts for a brand new Fz8 please give me your input!

Thanks much,
Jwood9

Jwood9

I love it

Its my first bike, and I put about 270 on it in the first 5 days:). I'm currently shopping exhaust and I'm looking at the Vance and Hines cs one. I'm just hoping its not TOO loud. Also I'm on the market for a tail tidy but still am deciding which one to purchase.

Ben1105

I finished my break in period a week or two ago, but I haven't been able to get it in for the service, not sure if being at 1100 miles before the 600 mile service is extremely bad for it.

lechi542FZ8

I finished my break in period a week or two ago, but I haven't been able to get it in for the service, not sure if being at 1100 miles before the 600 mile service is extremely bad for it.

I'd get that done if I was you. I changed my oil at 100 miles and again at 600 miles. The bike does a lot of wearing in during these miles and creates some metal shavings. The oil filter is supposed to collect all these materials, but it's better to be safe than sorry.